4x4 Help!

Joshf250

Reaction score
On my 2005 F250 my 4x4 light would come on and off going down the road and would only go in 4x4 if I got underneath the truck and wiggled the plug on the transfer case so I cut the old plug off and replaced it with a new one, now I get nothing. I checked the fuses and there is no power to the fuses. Can anyone help me? I can't get this figured out

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Check your GEM. There are stories of the small leakage occurring in some models getting the fwd gem module wet.

A good voltmeter and ford manuals are a necessity for these IMHO. Their are dvd manuals all over ebay. I found factory manuals and it helped me find my 4wd issue.

Joshf250

Reaction score
Check your GEM. There are stories of the small leakage occurring in some models getting the fwd gem module wet.

A good voltmeter and ford manuals are a necessity for these IMHO. Their are dvd manuals all over ebay. I found factory manuals and it helped me find my 4wd issue.

Where is the GEM module located on these trucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshf250

Reaction score
The only thing that I can get to do anything is the two relays on the driver side by the battery will click a few time when I put the switch in 4x4 and the will stop but nothing other than that will happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online