Can leaving any programmer plugged in Drain battery?

6.0_coco

Reaction score
So I'm having issues with my battery being drained slowly and cashing it to not start! So when I bought the truck the owner of it had a Garmin spliced into the cigerette lighter and ran around to give it constant power so I removed it and I also just unplugged my programmer (sct x4) whenever I'm not actually driving the vehicle. So can any of these be the cause of my battery going dead while sitting. I'm military and sometimes can be go for weeks at a time, but the weather is warn and not cold and should have the power for at least a few weeks. Any help please.

sootie

Reaction score
Most trucks have a battery saver that kicks in after 10 minutes and kills any accessory power. I'm more inclined to think there is a draw somewhere from a bad connection or failing part. I had an 03 that the instrument cluster was causing a draw.

Master_Chase

Reaction score
The programmer/monitor will use a little bit of power but I'm talking extremely small amount.

I have something causing a draw on mine if it sits for a week it's crank over really slowly like it has just enough power to start. Unplugging everything I can CTS2 (before that Livewire TS), phone charger, etc didn't help.

Thanks for the tip sootie I'll check my cluster when my truck is running again.

6.0_coco

Reaction score
Most trucks have a battery saver that kicks in after 10 minutes and kills any accessory power. I'm more inclined to think there is a draw somewhere from a bad connection or failing part. I had an 03 that the instrument cluster was causing a draw.

Thanks for that advice. I will find someone to look into that for me. It's just annoying cause I have some nice platinum batteries that should last at least 2 weeks without no start but it's always something.

6.0_coco

Reaction score
The programmer/monitor will use a little bit of power but I'm talking extremely small amount.

I have something causing a draw on mine if it sits for a week it's crank over really slowly like it has just enough power to start. Unplugging everything I can CTS2 (before that Livewire TS), phone charger, etc didn't help.

Thanks for the tip sootie I'll check my cluster when my truck is running again.

Well damn man! I was hoping that those would be the issues causing it to kill the battery but cluster check it shall be. Now how do you check the cluster? What exactly are you looking for?

Latest posts

Members online