Sick of chasing issues

6.0bored

Reaction score
^^whs also what is vgt % when the dead pedal is occurring?
Don't think it's a boost issue or I'd have clouds coming out the tailpipe so haven't watched it closely. Will see what happens after we sort these injectors out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6.0bored

Reaction score
there's your issue...sounds like someone needs to install the injectors correctly.

https://16x1p531pcnxjpi9p2ewt95n-wp...iles/6L_Injector_Removal_and_Installation.pdf

"The single biggest mistake while installing injectors is not
having the injector fully seated, and failing to fully tighten
the hold
-
down bolts.
IF the crush washer is NOT fully “crushed”
then you will be
re
-
doing this entire process in a few w
eeks time.
You cannot damage the injector by
over
-
tightening
the
bolts, but
you can seriously damage both the injector and the
engine if
the
injector is not
securely bolted down
because raw fuel will leak
into the cylinder."
Thanks. I Also pulled drivers side and they were all in good shape, no blown crush rings all pretty equal carbon on the tips. Is it possible the injector cups are screwed up? Had an injector or two on passenger side blow the copper twice in the past and had UCF replace the head. I've made sure injector bore was clean, bolt hole sucked out to ensure no oil in bottom causing false torque ect. Interesting that swamps doesn't give a torque spec. Thanks for that pdf, maybe I'll find something I'm doing wrong, besides torque spec.

sootie

Reaction score
Thanks. I Also pulled drivers side and they were all in good shape, no blown crush rings all pretty equal carbon on the tips. Is it possible the injector cups are screwed up? Had an injector or two on passenger side blow the copper twice in the past and had UCF replace the head. I've made sure injector bore was clean, bolt hole sucked out to ensure no oil in bottom causing false torque ect. Interesting that swamps doesn't give a torque spec. Thanks for that pdf, maybe I'll find something I'm doing wrong, besides torque spec.

just fyi, golfer is Dave from Swamps...

6.0bored

Reaction score
Question for those that would know, what is the best way to clean the carbon off these injectors, in particular the ones that have a compromised copper washer and have combustion beyond it. Also whats recommended for cleaning the injector cups? Thanks.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
I probably missed it, but have you returned to stock just to see if any change? I saw you were running Warrens tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6.0bored

Reaction score
Sorry, kinda delayed in this whole deal, we tried a lot since this, ended up now having a no start issue. Battery voltage looked off so pulled the batteries out and charged them up. After reinstalling, truck is reading 12.47-57vdc, but FICM is only reading 10vdc main power, says its outputing about 45vdc (its a swamps 58vdc ficm about 15months old) have yet to find time and assistant to pull inspection cover and confirm w a meter. Thinking cause of my issues has been a failing FICM, might pull and send out to be checked. Thoughts on where to send it?

6.0bored

Reaction score
Sooooo got around to popping the inspection cover to check for voltage expecting to find 7 pins and there are only 4.... will this cause a problem on a 2006? My understanding is 05+have 7 pins, unless I'm wrong on this.

6.0bored

Reaction score
Another thing. Although autoenginuity was reading voltage there is nothing on the test pin when the ignition is turned one. No injector buzz, buzz test doesn't do anything either. Any thoughts? Was going to try a new FICM relay, but thought it odd that scanner was reading power

1fastTRX

Reaction score
4 pin is the newer ficm. 03's and early 04's had 7 pin. When you are staring at Ficm while in the engine bay it is the driver's side pin you need to meter. Other lead to battery ground.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

6.0bored

Reaction score
OK good to know. Ended up finding a connection on top of drivers fender loose.... pushed it back on and it fired up! Now to iron out this stupid cylinder 5 contribution issue..... i know its not an injector, wonering if its a injector harness issue, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

Latest posts

Members online