Alternator question

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
So on my way to work this morning the battery light came on. The minimaxx was bouncing between 12v and 11 volts. The alternator started smoking like crazy so I pulled over and shut it off. I guess it has to be alternator right? Has anyone changed an alternator? How bad is it? I got the codes P0625 Generator field/F terminal circuit low and P0703 brake switch B circuit.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Pull the inner fender out. Probably take ya a couple hrs.. Doin the belt sucks..

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
Would the alternator throw both of those codes? The P0703 one is the one that i'm not sure about.

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
Totally easy, took me under an hour to swap. A cheap upgrade is to get the ambulance model, its rated at 200A.

Good to hear. Did you get at it thru the fender well? Do you by change have a part number for the ambulance model?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Good to hear. Did you get at it thru the fender well? Do you by change have a part number for the ambulance model?

Yeah I pulled the inner fender out, everything can be accessed from there. Air tools made it super quick but really a ratchet set is all thats needed. Also a 1/2 breaker bar for the belt tensioner makes it a lot easier. Honestly I think the PN # GL917 is but I'm not 100% sure.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I changed mine about a year ago. The hardest part was getting the fender out, it was cold and the plastic didn't wanna bend much, it's a one person job

genie144

Reaction score
Any idea how many trucks came with the 200A single alternator? I wasn't even aware it was an option until I went to replace mine and it came up as the OEM.

Sam

Latest posts

Members online