Dana 80 axle width and sterling 10.5 axle width

stroker_1999

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here I have a question on axle widths for 05+ up superduty trucks.I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find anything on the newer trucks axle widths.I have a 2006 ford f-250 4x4 short bed and I'm doing a dually conversion I bought the front hub adapters for the 05+ 4x4 up dually truck.I need to get an idea of the rear axle widths on my stock axle sterling 10.5 and the dana 80 that comes in a 05+ dually.I need to have rear adapters made for my dually conversion I need to get an idea of how wide I need the rear adapters made I am going to be running the new eagle alloy 059 20" dually wheels with my 37x12.50x20 nitto trail grappler tires.Need enough width on the adapters so the tires won't rub the rear leaf springs I am mostly doing the conversion for looks rather than trying to increase the weight capacity for towing.One day I might buy a dana 80 but for now going to have custom hub and wheel centric adapters made If you could help me out that would be great thanks.

stroker_1999

Reaction score
Yes that's is what I'm looking for just want to know how wide the dana 80 in a 05+ dually and the width of a 05+ sterling 10.5 is.Worst case I can pull my wheels and measure my axle I need to know wheel mounting flange to wheel mounting flange.Trying to figure out how wide I need my adapters to be made need enough room for my tire to clear the leaf springs gotta tell the guy how wide I need them wish I had a dually I could borrow for a few hours LOL.

Last edited:

ncollins64

Reaction score
I'm not real sure but you may can contact Morgan with midwest diesel on here and I would bet he would know. I'd bet 2-3 inches wider on each side but maybe he can confirm.

stroker_1999

Reaction score
I'm not real sure but you may can contact Morgan with midwest diesel on here and I would bet he would know. I'd bet 2-3 inches wider on each side but maybe he can confirm.

That's what I was kinda figuring around that pretty sure a 05+ up dually will clear the tires on the inside.Do you have any contact info that would be great thanks a lot.

stroker_1999

Reaction score
Thanks for your help man I know axle swap would be easy just don't want to tie up $2k in a axle swap more than likely what ever I found would have to be re geared.And I would more than likely do a full rebuild on it adapters are what I'm doing for now.

allenracer207

Reaction score
I'm trying to find axles that are 8 inches wider then stock super duties. does anyone know were I could find them or what they are out of?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
8 inches wider? Will have to go up to a rockwell or 5 ton to get there, maybe something exotic like gradeall or heavy equipment axles. Getting the centers retubed, knuckles rewelded, rear axle flanges rewelded, all the brackets rewelded is a pretty large process. Why? You may be able to sleeve the inside and fully weld a double bevel groove in the tubes with a true bar then get custom shafts. Again why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online