Shifter

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
Randomly my truck is having a issue with the shifter not being where it needs to be I have to go a little past the gear for it to go in for example I have to go to 3rd for it to select drive and if I go all the way down it stops at 2nd if I do it fast it will go to first has anyone had this happen if so how do I fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mohead1

Reaction score
Adjustment at the trans.....its a cable

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mohead1

Reaction score
Are you sure the attachment flange is rite at the trans? Sounds like something is off just a little....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
It has a piece on the end of the cable that is like 2 pieces that have teeth on them. They can be slid to adjust. You just have to unmesh the teeth to do it. There is a procedure somewhere in the service manual for doing this.

Sent from a cloud of black.

sootie

Reaction score
its a white sliding clip right where the cable attaches to the trans. you pop the cable out, move it slightly and then clip it back in. Dont even need any tools.

best bet is to do it while in park. To test, see if the gear selector will pull down into first. if it doesnt, adjust accordingly

literally a 5 minute free fix

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
8b097dd3762f0a722e89fea6b5a9530c.jpg

This one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mohead1

Reaction score
Yep, I just did this a few months ago after I put built trans in, with selector in drive, fit cable and ratchet thing into bracket. Why they made a complication out of something simple I will never know. Been using cable shifters on autos for 40 years

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk