Paint To Match Bumpers

Luciano

Reaction score
I currently have chrome bumpers and grille that i want to color match. What is everyone doing to get this done? Some body shops wont paint chrome and others will from what i gather. Any recommendations on what to do to get this done? Possibly search eBay or used parts for painted bumpers and take them to the body shop? Thanks in advance.

Luciano

Reaction score
35057014241_812d757d3f_z.jpg
20170604_142750 by anthony, on Flickr

Here is a picture of the truck for the hell of it. Cecil County MD if anyone has seen me around.

sootie

Reaction score
i just get take off black bumpers from an XL model and get them painted. you usually can sell your chrome ones for good money also.

Buy the paintable grill surround from Sunrise Ford on here, they run less than 150 usually. then sell your chrome one...

95cobby

Reaction score
Don't paint the chrome, not worth the hassle. I got grill surround, grill inserts, front bumper, and rear bumper end caps off eBay.

Cheaper to just buy the rear end caps and then take your chrome bumper apart. You'd have to take it apart to get the caps painted anyways.

I ended up leaving the bars and c-clamps in the plastic finish they came with.

486ee268ef532e96e1f559fe46ae6a53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
i just get take off black bumpers from an XL model and get them painted. you usually can sell your chrome ones for good money also.

Buy the paintable grill surround from Sunrise Ford on here, they run less than 150 usually. then sell your chrome one...

Ron, do the Xl bumpers come with fog lights ?

Bfazona

Reaction score
Keep an eye on CL or eBay. I got a pair of bumpers to swap out on my Platinum. The front bumper had some scrapes on it, same with rear bumper. The plastic was faded a bit too, so rather than piece them together, I found a takeoff front bumper on CL and a rear on eBay. Paint was cheap and no down time waiting on paint work. Sold my original bumpers on CL, basically recouping my money and only out the cash for paint.

NHRMK

Reaction score
I have a set of PTM bumper corners if your interested. PM me.

Latest posts

Members online