Aftermarket headlights

08Monster

Reaction score

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
seen a lot of 6.7's with them. no experience with them personally but I think they look much better than the rest without the ridiculous price. if I could retrofit though I would go that route

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
From everything I have read, Recon and quality don't belong in the same sentence. :shrug:

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
It seems like recon was all the rage a few years ago, but I guess not.

Anyways back to ANZO..... nobody with actual reviews?

Brian22

Reaction score
I'd like to add to OPs question.

Those running these lights, whats the best setup for light output? hids, leds?
Light output won't be the greatest as the projectors are cheap quality. I've used anzo's on other vehicles and I always ended up going back to stock. Doesn't help that all of the aftermarket headlights for our trucks are downright hideous. They look like something off of a space ship.

If light output is an issue, go with a quality retrofit and you'll never look back.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
No issues with leaking or yellowing on mine. I'm the second owner, all lights/functions working as advertised. There is clear coat flaking now as they are a few years old. I try to give them a bit of wax/polish every couple months. I recall my initial impressions were the light output has a much better pattern over OEM due to the projector styled housing. HWY signs at night are seen SO much easier with this projector pattern.

Do not expect these to be like HIDs or LEDs. I'm sure you could try to play around with different bulbs to get "more" light. I have considered trying a set of LED bulbs to see how well they fit and function. I just don't need them at this time.
Anzo could build these with HIDs or LEDs but the price would be close to a custom built OEM set I bet.

For the price I think new Anzos could be a good idea if you use a business with a decent return policy. That way if you don't like them you can send them back.

The next best option would be to try a DIY kit to build up a set of OEMs. I've seen several sets pop up on Craigs cheap as all get out. I considering this only as a project to take up time in my day.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Retro customz is who people use for quality retro fit kits.

There are so many people doing them now....

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Retro customz is who people use for quality retro fit kits.

There are so many people doing them now....

mattymx

Reaction score
I have the Spyder lights on my 13 which are made by the same company as Recon. They actually did a video using my truck so I got them for free. I've had them for 4 years and no issues. But I will say that you'll need HID'S to get the best light out of them. Halogen bulbs don't cut it for projector beams. The high beams are OK with halogen bulbs but the color might bother you. Check out their video on YouTube and you'll see my truck.

https://youtu.be/uKA0giq278U

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online