Dana super 60

rjustman

Reaction score
I just went and picked up a dana super 60 from an f350..i was thinking it was a wide track front end with the better 45* steering..but after measuring ujoints they're not the 5" joints..so with that said what is the hindrance in the 45* turning..is it in fact the 1550 u joints? Or is it the knuckles that come on those trucks that ate different..id like to swap whatever I need onto this axle and make it a wide track axle..anyone have any insight?

BOM # ON axle is 2004633-3 ..id like to stay 8 lug for now..and I k ow there was a write up I 4 wheeler that went from the 10 lug to 8 lug..so I know parts swao..i just want the tighter turning..what do I need??

Thanks

Richard

renegade

Reaction score
The wide track is wider giving more clearance from tire to the springs allowing a tighter turn.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Knuckles, unit bearings, axle joints, axle length, and axle housing are all different. The length difference is in the housing and inner axle shafts.

I don't know of any true "super" 60s from 350s. 05-10 are all in 450-550 trucks.

From what I have seen on the 11 up trucks that trend continued.

rjustman

Reaction score
Yeah they had a "widetrack" front end in the f350s and also when they went back to the 8 lug 450 in 11-14.. there is a significant difference and no amount of volt on parts will get me therr..i had been looking at o8cture after picture and they can be deceiving..there are some big differences and it wouldn't be worth it adapting one to a wide track..lots of work involved

rjustman

Reaction score
bumping this up..
ive been looking into a few things and Id like yall input.. ive swapped my truck over. the axle I got was indeed a super 60, all superduty dana 60s are considered a "super" 60, with a 10" ring gear.. the "wide track" super 60 has bigger "C" and bigger brakes and is physically wider, the mounting points are all the same though for the radius arms and the coils..

my question is does anyone know if the caliper mounts will interchange between the 2 axles? everything ive looked up shows the same unit bearings, and everything.. just the rotors are bigger and the caliper mount is different to get over the bigger rotors..

4 wheeler did an article where they put f250 unit bearings, calipers, mounts and all on a super 60.. any one confirm that this would work?? I don't have a 450 or 550 axle to take measurements off of

Latest posts

Members online