Let's see your Auxiliary Fuel Tanks

Jonnydime

Reaction score
This is what I have but it's nothing special. These pics are kind of old but the only thing that's missing is my transfer pump for the equipment. It's gravity fed into the vent line of the main fuel tank,
Photo235_zps9382bfa2.jpg

Photo236_zps86a26ecb.jpg

psduser1

Reaction score
I have a solenoid valve hardwired into the fuel pump control circuit, along with a ball valve.
Plumbed through the sending unit cover, with a short piece of hose between the body and frame.

Attachments

• 20160603_144117.jpg
    20160603_144117.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 149

BK39

Reaction score
Stupid question here guys, but I don't know anything about these things, yet. Do you have to drill a hole in the bed for the fuel line to feed to the primary tank? Is there any routine maintenance on these, like condensation/water issues?

The reason I'm asking, I bought a toy hauler last week, and I'm sure this little 27 gallon (or whatever it is) tank isn't going to cut it. Now that the fifth wheel hitch takes up the middle of the bed, I might as well get an Aux tank with tool box to take up the front part.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Transfer flow 50 gal tool box combo hose through bedside into filler neck with a switch on the dash so you can pull the hose out and fill the tools pics later

Brian22

Reaction score
Stupid question here guys, but I don't know anything about these things, yet. Do you have to drill a hole in the bed for the fuel line to feed to the primary tank? Is there any routine maintenance on these, like condensation/water issues?

The reason I'm asking, I bought a toy hauler last week, and I'm sure this little 27 gallon (or whatever it is) tank isn't going to cut it. Now that the fifth wheel hitch takes up the middle of the bed, I might as well get an Aux tank with tool box to take up the front part.

Yes you have to drill through the bed for the fuel line. You also have to drill through the bed to bolt the tank down. Make sure to spray the bare metal with something to prevent corrosion and use a sturdy grommet to protect the fuel line. You can install an inline filter on them to catch debris before it gets to the main tank.

I am planning to run the RDS 60gal gravity feed tank. I will likely install an electric ball valve on it wired to one of the upfitters. I want to run a tonneau cover with it, so the toolbox combo will be too tall.

BK39

Reaction score
RDS 60 gal tank/tool box combo
Gravity flow.
313f75568028ccc07060f4344bf97bbc.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

How do you like the RDS tank? Out of the everything i looked at, the 72743 PC has my interest. Any feedback is appreciated.

Nvhayfarmer

Reaction score
How do you like the RDS tank? Out of the everything i looked at, the 72743 PC has my interest. Any feedback is appreciated.
I really like the rds, 60gal of storage + toolbox to fit my Milwaukee 1/2 impact and hard case, socket set, 12 ton jack, ratchet straps. All while staying flush with bed rails. I also occasionally use a trifold tonnea cover that fits perfect as well

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online