Caliper mounting bracket bolts

Coldiron

Reaction score
Hey guys today I was pulling my gooseneck trailer with stump grinder on it heading for a job and I heard what sounded like a flat, pulled over and looked and my passenger side rear brake caliper mounting bolts had fallen out and the caliper fell down breaking my brake line. I called the parts store and they told me to go to the hardware store and buy some. My problem is, What size are the bolts that hold the caliper on? Thread pitch etc. Not the slide bolts but the bracket bolts. My truck is a 99 F350 (srw, 4x4 if that makes a difference).

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TjMiller

Reaction score
Can you just remove a bolt from the opposite side and bring it with you to match? I checked price from ford on those bolts a couple years back and they were like $20 a piece. Might be cheaper from one of the dealers online.

Decker

Reaction score
You can get caliper bolts at auto part store. Should come with the pin kit. Just had my bolt come out on mine got a new ones at orielly for like 15$. If it is the bracket mounting bolts need go to hardware store. If need new caliper all the bolts and pins should come with it.

Arisley

Reaction score
Can you just remove a bolt from the opposite side and bring it with you to match? I checked price from ford on those bolts a couple years back and they were like $20 a piece. Might be cheaper from one of the dealers online.

This is what you need to do.

I would also go to a fastener store somewhere like Fastenal. You need a good quality bolt for that application, not a hardware store variety.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Grade 8 would be what I'd buy. Won't rust and plenty strong enough. Tractor supply may even have the correct size in G8.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I've left a g8 bolt sitting out side for over a year and it was still just as clean as when I set it there other than dirt and grass and a little fading.

sootie

Reaction score
I've left a g8 bolt sitting out side for over a year and it was still just as clean as when I set it there other than dirt and grass and a little fading.

Cool story. Grade 8 bolts rust. Esp in an on road situation. I work with them every day

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I've had issues with this also. I can't remember the torque spec for these but when you remove them you're supposed to put new bolts. Seems like 70 ft.lbs is torque. Orielleys does have the right bolts for this. That's where I got mine.

Coldiron

Reaction score
I found bolts that worked at Mac's in town. They have the largest selection around. I put blue lock tight on them. Hopefully they won't come out again.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online