*** ON TUNING

torque beast

Reaction score
Due to circumstances where I travel I have to leave my 12' with *** in place so I would like to see what changes you have made along with the good and bad effects you have seen. For example, you can't really add any fuel down low without regening often. Has anyone found changes that reduce regens?

torque beast

Reaction score
Truck is a 2012 ccsb 4x4
Stock turbo
Stock fuel
3:31 gears
4.5" lift with 35/13.5/20 toyo mt
Trying to smooth out the bottom end and get better mileage with a little more power. If you take off from a stop and ease into the throttle it starts out ok then just comes on hard. I have smoothed things out on the tune but it either idles a little tougher or regens more often

2012dually

Reaction score
Which tune did you base yours off of?
What have you "smoothed" in the tune?
Have you played with the timing at all?

08Monster

Reaction score
I didn't know they made a 35x13.50R20 Toyo M/T? If they do I'll buy a set right now.

torque beast

Reaction score

I tried to smooth timing at idle and all over. Raised timing and lowered timing. Seems like every time I make a change something may improve but something else gets worse. I did notice the fuel duration just off idle has a dip so that is my next change to make. I will post a pic of what I'm talking about later tonight.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score

Be careful with timing, or you'll see DEF consumption go through the roof. Remember it's a closed loop system; timing increases NOx and more NOx = more injected DEF.

torque beast

Reaction score
Be careful with timing, or you'll see DEF consumption go through the roof. Remember it's a closed loop system; timing increases NOx and more NOx = more injected DEF.

I did notice that when I advanced the timing I just can't remember which one of the hundred it was. It definitely went fast though. I went back to the drawing board and am using the stock table and just increased fuel and timing on the top end. BTW thanks for your input I know we all appreciate it.

torque beast

Reaction score
Here are the shots. Why is the duration lower in this location
0e8b129095e0abc62f85cab3f17b0e43.jpg

The way stock timing is set IMO is part of the reason it is not very smooth

2f3123ff6da4aad812764e413040d031.jpg

Latest posts

Members online