EGR ******

TN_350

Reaction score
First off let me say that I am an extreme novice when it comes to tech discussion. I have searched for a similar thread before starting one and can't seem to find anything. Sorry if I am missing something blatant.

I was hauling this weekend with my 13' 6.7 when I heard a loud pop followed by an extreme loss of power. Had to pull over get the trailer picked up by a friend and tow the truck to the closest Ford dealer.

Talked to the dealer yesterday and originally it was thought that the only issue was that the turbo hose came off and had to be replace. We had that done and the tech said he was still getting some error, had to drop the exhaust and test the ***. Come to find out the *** needs to be replaced as well as having the 4 EGR senors replaced. I have called and spoken to a local diesel mechanic that I have used in the past and he recommends doing an EGR ****** from my brief discussion with him today. Other than it being illegal from what I have found out, any opinions on the matter? Dealership quoted me almost 6k for all of that work and the local guy says he can do the work for under 3k.

Doing my best to read as much on the matter as I can but I am not having much luck. Would appreciate any opinions or advice. TIA

sootie

Reaction score
Sounds like they are hosing you. Take off exhaust systems can be had for 500.00.

Or just deleet the deepeeff and rock on out

Zeb

Reaction score
I see you are in Clarksville Tn.
I’m less than 2 hours from you, and work quite often with a shop there in Clarksville. If you want to call me I’d be glad to hook you up with my friend in Clarksville. My number is 270-855-946eight.

Latest posts

Members online