2011-2014 Turbo Kits master list

Reaction score
I recently purchased a turbo from a nearby shop and its a 64mm 2015 style but it doesent have the inlet face machined out, it looks just like the factory turbo face as in the pic above but with a billet wheel. I called the shop and they said they dont machine the faces of the inlet anymore like in the pic above. Is this more restrictive to air flow or does it even make a damn? Just wondering if i should send it back and tell them to machine it or if its even worth messing with. Any input is appreciated, thank you.

Yes it does make a difference. I would consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
Is it accurate that the Aurora is capable of 700hp with the same mods as it would take for a Midwest 65.5 to get to 600-650? Thanks!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Is it accurate that the Aurora is capable of 700hp with the same mods as it would take for a Midwest 65.5 to get to 600-650? Thanks!

not really , no. it's probaly going to be maxed out around 625-650 , it's just a billet borg warner s364 .

Cody1898

Reaction score
I did the retro to the 2017 on my 11 powerstroke. Who has the best tunes to get the most out of the upgrade

Smokun

Reaction score
I recently bought a prototype turbo kit with piping from pusher intakes for my truck. It’s a 366/80/.91- I haveThe standard non-Vgt file from my tuner. My question is should I be dialing this in more than just a standard tune. Fuel is stock and is a 14. It runs good. It does not run out of fuel like it used to with the old turbo either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I recently bought a prototype turbo kit with piping from pusher intakes for my truck. It’s a 366/80/.91- I haveThe standard non-Vgt file from my tuner. My question is should I be dialing this in more than just a standard tune. Fuel is stock and is a 14. It runs good. It does not run out of fuel like it used to with the old turbo either

what was the old turbo ? i'd love to hear how a turbo makes it so you dont run out of fuel.

F150orelse

Reaction score
I did the retro to the 2017 on my 11 powerstroke. Who has the best tunes to get the most out of the upgrade

I believe Midwest does, been meaning to hit them up on a tune. Just been running H&s tunes with a little turbo lag. I have the 15+ pump and intercooler piping.

Attachments

• D8C2CBFC-AEDE-4783-AC2A-BDC74075AB28.jpg
    D8C2CBFC-AEDE-4783-AC2A-BDC74075AB28.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 09A39249-B8C6-4AFB-B5FE-3E33B2891451.jpg
    09A39249-B8C6-4AFB-B5FE-3E33B2891451.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 129

sootie

Reaction score
I believe Midwest does, been meaning to hit them up on a tune. Just been running H&s tunes with a little turbo lag. I have the 15+ pump and intercooler piping.
Since Morgan's passing, Midwest no longer has a tuner..

Smokun

Reaction score
what was the old turbo ? i'd love to hear how a turbo makes it so you dont run out of fuel.

Old turbo was stock dual inlet turbo. When I say run out of fuel I could not hold rail pressure with the stock turbo. With my file now I can maintain real pressure without any p-0087. I don’t quite get what you are asking about a turbo not making it run out of fuel but I work on gas engines and I know if you put a different turbo on a gas engine that produce more boost in a different power band you would definitely need to tweak some things in fuel mapping/ timing/ etc. . I’m asking a question. I’m not trying to be a know it all. If you have an answer that makes sense I’d love to hear it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Old turbo was stock dual inlet turbo. When I say run out of fuel I could not hold rail pressure with the stock turbo. With my file now I can maintain real pressure without any p-0087. I don’t quite get what you are asking about a turbo not making it run out of fuel but I work on gas engines and I know if you put a different turbo on a gas engine that produce more boost in a different power band you would definitely need to tweak some things in fuel mapping/ timing/ etc. . I’m asking a question. I’m not trying to be a know it all. If you have an answer that makes sense I’d love to hear it.

turbo has absolutely nothing to do with holding rail pressure. must have been a bad tune and now a good tune with new turbo . the only thing that effects rail, is fuel pumps , injectors , control valves, and tuning of said items .