Building of a I/O pontoon

TurboM700

Reaction score
Boats ripped apart flipped over and a new center toon has been made with "steps" in it.

I also took a little different direction with the motor, have two BW 62 sitting on a shelf waiting some fab work on them.

Turbo toon is going to sound oh so sweet.

Goal is two have it done come spring.

TurboM700

Reaction score
Thought I would update since it almost spring and the boat is starting to come together, well atleast the motor is.

This is what I have so far

Gen III 5.3l steel block
"built" bottom end Cant remember everything that has been done as it was over a yr that I built that.
LS9 Cam
GM Blue Springs
Heads have been cleaned up valves gone thru.

Intake is a custom piece with built in water/air intercooler
Twin Turbonetics Super 62's

This is all going in a 25' Pontoon :) :).

Should be 550hp at 8psi.

IMG_6675_zpsroxonbom.jpg

IMG_6674_zpsfy6xo0j7.jpg

IMG_6707_zpsrqxmlrsn.jpg

IMG_6711_zpsvrbbsb5f.jpg

TurboM700

Reaction score
If I can cruise at 3,000rpm at 30 I will be happy. Top end should be mid 60's if I had to guess based on other toon's.

Stability shouldnt be an issue with the flat bottom and lifting strakes. At that speeds they almost act like a cat, they just dont pack air like a cat.

I have been in a 25ft with a 400r mecury outboard on the back that would run 58mph and it felt like 30 very smooth. The only thing they dont do well is big waves

imelmo

Reaction score
Well let me know when you're ready to start on one for me. LOL

smcox1

Reaction score
This thing is going to haul ass across the water. I saw this on instagram and it reminded me of yours
temporary_zpshhlxyodg.jpg

TurboM700

Reaction score
That thing is sexy right there, my toon are getting paint black as well no more polishing toons that sucks, aint go time for that have beer to be drinking.

RebelStill

Reaction score
I'd like to see the photos of your build for this. I am thinking about doing the same thing. When I go to the Photobucket site it doesn't show any of the photos you put there. I realize this post was several years ago now, but I was hoping the photos would still be available.

Latest posts

Members online