2001 4x4 front bearing.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
OK guys I got the front end off the ground today to try and see if I could move the wheels to check bearings. Both sides felt tight with no movement. Not sure if it's a problem but I cold t get the front hubs to unlock.
I thought the universal joint behind rim wouldn't turn it unlocked or am I wrong? It didn't turn one time but after that I couldn't stop either side from turning. I unlocked and locked them several times by hand but made no difference. Am I doing something wrong? I know nothing about 4x4 sorry.

Attachments

• Resized_20181224_134100_6070.jpg
    Resized_20181224_134100_6070.jpg
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 52

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Another picture sorry for quality. When the wheel turns that plastic ring in middle spins also not sure that supposed to happen.

Attachments

• Resized_20181224_134050_1383.jpg
    Resized_20181224_134050_1383.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 46

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If your auto hubs are manually unlocked, try holding the axle to see if it will break free. Otherwise, lock it manually, turn it a couple times, unlock it manually, turn it backwards about a turn and then forward again. That is what it usually takes to unlock them. If they dont unlock either way, try removing the auto hub, and see if the axle will not turn then. It could be the auto hibs are not unlocking fully, or the axle stub shaft could be half ass welded for lack of a better term to the actual hub bearing.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
If your auto hubs are manually unlocked, try holding the axle to see if it will break free. Otherwise, lock it manually, turn it a couple times, unlock it manually, turn it backwards about a turn and then forward again. That is what it usually takes to unlock them. If they dont unlock either way, try removing the auto hub, and see if the axle will not turn then. It could be the auto hibs are not unlocking fully, or the axle stub shaft could be half ass welded for lack of a better term to the actual hub bearing.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Ok man I will try. I bought the truck couple months ago from a guy who keep them locked. I unlocked them but they made a horrible noise that went away when I locked them back manually. There is a vacuum leak so the auto lock doesn't work. I tried locking then unlocking couple times but didn't turn the tire to far.

I think I need to change bearing but the wheel didn't shack when grabbing the top and bottom of tire at same time. Never tried 4x4 but I just want to unlock them so stuff isn't getting tore up plus my fuel mileage is HORRIBLE.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
OK guys went to help my a family member today and my truck made a horrible grinding noise up front for about 4 seconds then stopped. Hit another small bump and it did it again, I was only traveling about 30 mph. I had the hubs manually locked I believe. Had them turned to the front there isn't anything on them that says which way to turn them. I then turned them back like turning them right. It didn't do that grinding noise again but still have no clue what it was. I hate this piece of **** truck

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
OK sorry guys I did a search and found clockwise is locked and counter clockwise is unlocked. So atleast I have that figured out now. Not much but a steep in the right direction I'm learning slowly but surely here.