Pulse Vacuum Solenoid

602_7.3

Reaction score
Hey guys, hubs weren’t locking automatically but vent selection was working fine. I replaced the pulse vacuum solenoid and now the vacuum pump won’t stop running and vent selection no longer works. If I plug the pump with my finger it does stop so I’m assuming the pump is working fine. Any ideas??

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You got a vacuum leak somewhere. May have cracked a line when you were replacing the solenoid, or the solenoid may be leaking. Best way ive found to found to find leaks is with a smoke machine.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

brian42

Reaction score
Could be anywhere since these trucks are so old.

Since you've "tested" the pump and it shuts off as it should, you can connect sections to it and test it after each one to see if it leaks.

Your best bet is to go buy an el cheapo vacuum pump (Amazon, Harbor Freight, etc.) so that you can test the system with your hand instead of the vacuum pump. These pumps were not meant to run continuously (and are not cheap to replace). You will also be able to see actual vacuum and where it holds at.

I'm not sure of the HVAC system but it only takes about 10" to actuate the hubs and 6" to release the hubs (or vice versa...I don't remember which).

602_7.3

Reaction score
Thanks guys, ended up putting Warn hubs on it and bypassing the Pulse Solenoid. AC is working great and now I have Warn hubs 🤣🤣

Latest posts

Members online