New guy from California

Chrisaod

Reaction score
Hey guys, my names Chris. Just bought a 02 7.3 f350 with 142 on the odometer. First diesel for me, but I am a mechanic for John Deere so diesel knowledge isn’t new for me. It’s in relatively good shape drivetrain wise, needs paint and a driver seat cover. I’m gonna take it today to a local guy for an estimate on what the paint is gonna cost. It’s got a full turbo back MBRP kit on it. New batteries, water pump, and thermostats, as well has a few steering/suspension components. It’s Dark teal metallic, paint code R2.
I have a company truck so this is going to be primarily a tow rig / weekend driver. Im sure I’ll get some crap for it but I’m pretty sure I want to do the 17+ style mirrors for it and when it’s painted all the plastics will be done as well. Plans are to get a CTS2 monitor, tint and level. Truck has no oil anywhere on it nor does it look freshly cleaned. That being said does anyone have or point me in the direction of this color truck paint matched
aefe3282c2db1a60e23121d4df4de861.jpg
e10a5eedf191304db6ba7114d24c5637.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisaod

Reaction score
I’m about 3-4 from both fires about dead center of both of them. I’m located in Merced. An hour north of Fresno and about an hour south of Modesto

dmd

Reaction score
Looked like you were in the valley. Appears to be a nice low mileage truck. Any other
modifications done to it?

Is it a catalyst truck? You will be limited on what you can do being in CA. Is it a CA
truck or a 49 state truck?

Chrisaod

Reaction score
Looked like you were in the valley. Appears to be a nice low mileage truck. Any other
modifications done to it?

Is it a catalyst truck? You will be limited on what you can do being in CA. Is it a CA
truck or a 49 state truck?

It is a non catalyst truck, built in Kentucky. 3:73 gears.
As for mods, looks like it may have had a cold air intake on it at some point. Sticker under the hood says SC filters,? Not really looking to do much if anything performance wise. I was looking at the edge revolver or the evolution chip. But that’s the farthest from my thoughts right now.
Local painter told me 2200 for complete paint and body work, says it will be show quality. I’ve seen his work I have no doubt it would be. Gonna save the coin to do that first.

Maniacal_Mark

Reaction score
You’ve sparked my interest with Hydra, why use them? And any ideas if they work with cts2 monitor?

Holds 17 custom tunes, and there's quite a few good options with who's tunes you pick.

Denver

Reaction score
Welcome. That color has grown on me over the years and wouldn't mind having one in that color. Check the quality of the paint your painter quoted you. Sounds like paint that will last 3 years. Factory quality complete paint jobs on these trucks start at $6k.

Chrisaod

Reaction score
Latest mods,
915d216aad835a6d7a877cb2413ae857.jpg
dec21253fe73ef4e90e8efc2347d8dff.jpg

Got the wondows tinted and add d a billet grill insert.
Gonna order the ebpv ****** and up pipes soon. Also ******d the muffler.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That is a very good looking rust free truck! Looks like it would last you a while. Get some good custom tunes on a ts style 6 position chip or like stated above, the hydra. Maybe throw a billet wheel in the turbo and just drive the ole girl till the body falls off of it. Keep it simple and around 300hp. Maybe a valve body and converter in the trans would help but if you arent beating on it then just a good set of custom tunes is all you would need.

live life full throttle

Chrisaod

Reaction score
I did end up getting a PHP and it’s night and day.
Only issue I have with it is that on the DD tune it seems to shift into 3 too soon.
Also when driving about 25 the converter constantly locks and in locks. Like it can’t decide what it wants to do.

EPA

Reaction score
Nice.. How's the shifting feel?
Another mod I would recommend is a 6.0 transmission cooler or similar.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I did end up getting a PHP and it’s night and day.
Only issue I have with it is that on the DD tune it seems to shift into 3 too soon.
Also when driving about 25 the converter constantly locks and in locks. Like it can’t decide what it wants to do.

Might get ahold of the tuner and let them know what it is doing. They might need to revise the tune a bit.
Nice.. How's the shifting feel?
Another mod I would recommend is a 6.0 transmission cooler or similar.
Or most any aftermarket cooler plumbed in series with the factory one.

live life full throttle

Chrisaod

Reaction score
Well a few weeks ago me and some friends and our ladies went camping for the weekend. About 450 miles round trip.
I noticed when we stopped for dinner on our way home the truck took a little longer to start than usual, didn’t think much of it, I wasn’t pulling a very big trailer.
After getting my truck unloaded a few days later I went to start it to take my buddies trailer back to him. Truck wouldn’t start. First thing I did was put the chip on “00” stock truck cranked for a really long time but it started. So I shut it off checked the connection at the chip and just ended up removing it completely.
Checked the oil and found that my truck was two gallons low, mind you I checked it before I left for this trip.
Took my buddies trailer back made a few other stops around town and never shut the truck off, truck had a haze the entire time it was running and was smoking pretty bad. Obviously I knew I had a problem.
Parked the truck and didn’t want to think about it.
Last weekend I went o move the truck and it wouldn’t start. Icp pressure was below 300 while cranking. So I moved it out of the way. This weekend I finally looked at it.
Unplugged the icp sensor no luck.
Pulled the intake, no oil. Pulled the fuel filter and it was full of oil. Only thing I could think of was injector Orings. Pulled driver side valve cover and pulled the injectors. I found out I have an aftermarket injector in the number 1 cylinder. And number four and five
f0c1cf4914f17ff122e4fc8c185dffd0.jpg
o ring was almost gone. Decided I’m gonna do everything right.

Ordered injector o rings, glow plugs, valve cover gasket/harness.
International up pipes , riff raff ebpv ****** pedestal, riff raff FRx, riff raff HPx, and fuel filters.
I don’t think there is anything else I need. Anything else I should do while I’ve got all this off?
86204b1af30a13e815566dd8f25bfd1b.jpg
a4b0e3a7ddcbfb4c6bb4c367b43b25c2.jpg

75412207db207006782ae19140156d54.jpg
6c324a1ed397e1f1fbe459c3541a5e13.jpg

Chrisaod

Reaction score
Quick pic before it broke
d8c4ceea88a523c0407078782947c98d.jpg
a4ff358f75bbb151d5ab3b5ee6b863a0.jpg
5ef7909e729983374fdc99782330e68a.jpg
5d66aa5af0b2042326d96bba1ed207b7.jpg