Want to put a zf-6 in my excursion..

94forddiesel

Reaction score
Looking to convert my excursion to a manual. For one has anyone does this in an excursion? Wondering what parts I will need ? Computer, driveshafts.. Also I have California emissions can I just get a non Cali wiring harness and a computer for a zf6? Or will the computer be different because it's an excursion? Thanks for any info any one has on this!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Why do you want a ZF? I will never understand why someone takes out a great trans and installs that pile of dog crap.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would be much differt than converting a pickup to a manual, either have to do alot of mod to the floor pan or get one for a manual truck, the computer should be fine... I've ran auto computers in my 6spd 7.3 before. There should be a few conversion threads on here for pickups to see what all you need.

TurboM700

Reaction score
You will have to make your own trans tunnel. Belive it or not they are smaller the the SD trans tunnel. I was going to do a ZF-6 behind my 12v that is my X but after the whole trans tunnel thing I decide to go with a PCS and 4r100.

The clutch/brake pedals will work out of a SD.

If it wasnt for the wife I would have made a trans tunnel and put the ZF in but the first time I'm at the boat landing and I need her to pull the truck forward I could just see the entire thing going in the water.

94forddiesel

Reaction score
You will have to make your own trans tunnel. Belive it or not they are smaller the the SD trans tunnel. I was going to do a ZF-6 behind my 12v that is my X but after the whole trans tunnel thing I decide to go with a PCS and 4r100.

The clutch/brake pedals will work out of a SD.

If it wasnt for the wife I would have made a trans tunnel and put the ZF in but the first time I'm at the boat landing and I need her to pull the truck forward I could just see the entire thing going in the water.

Ok man sounds good I'll look into what needs to be done to the tunnel! Thanks the the info! And yeah that def would be no good seeing the x in the water ha

rat49f6

Reaction score
What about doing a ZF 5 it's quite a bit smaller and low and overdrive gears are comparable

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

therabbittree

Reaction score
I have a G56 in my 2000 excursion with a 12v. It had stock floor with a nv4500. I added a removable floor hump when i did the G56. On powerstroke.org , and powerstroke nation there a few threads on excursions with manual trans etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowcoupe

Reaction score
Good on you man. Doing something different. I swear when I have a family i'm buying a studded 6.0 ex doing a 15 front end conversion and tossing a zf6 into it. They are just so fun to drive. My 6.4 had a zf6 behind it, my 7.3 has one and I'm thinking about converting my 04 SD over to manual as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.