Who daily drives 300/200s

campbellflage

Reaction score
Bought a set from a member on here, and just wanted to see what everyone who runs this big thinks about them as a DD. Turbo is next on the list for upgrades as well, any advice?

DieselJpower

Reaction score
I have been for about 12k now. Tuning is crucial to not be obnoxious smoking. I had to buy minotaur and I continuously read the tuning threads. I think turbo selection will factor greatly though, and honestly if I were you I'd rock the 38r for now and see how you like it. It will spool quickly , and with the gate set t propely it will live a long time. The top end won't be as great as a bigger turb, but it still rips. (I ran the 38r for the first 1k miles) I'd bet a larger ball bearing t4 unit would be awesome too, but will cost around $3k by itself. I run a 472sxe and it will haul the mail no doubt about it, but it takes a bit to get it lit. Especially if you aren't trying to black out the neighborhood. 467.7 have been said time and time again to be great for daily driving. Being at sea level there might aid in spoolup for you with an s400 sized unit.

All in all I think 3/2's are great, and have amazing potential once I keep learning more with tuning. However knowing what I know now I'd probably have gone with a gated 369 or something a little smaller than mine. For daily duties at least. Track would be different. At the same time , it seems like the bigger turbo could be a little safer on your rods by not making crazy power down low. With about any size single, you're compromising something. If you can weld , I'd definitely leave the 38r and plumb like a 476 or 480 sxe on there as well. Compounds is the win win all around. That's my plan for the future if I keep this truck.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Was leaning towards the gated 369 to keep the drive pressures in check, just wanted to get some opinions. Stock motor right now, will be doing studs, pushrods, and some springs (unsure of which ones right now)

DieselJpower

Reaction score
I don't recall hearing of anyone running the 369 with 3/2's, but I'm sure there's some.

Irate and swamps both sell some beefier springs ,and they seem to be the best option.

You still in Hudson ? I bought my truck off a Vietnam vet in Port Richey

campbellflage

Reaction score
I don't recall hearing of anyone running the 369 with 3/2's, but I'm sure there's some.

Irate and swamps both sell some beefier springs ,and they seem to be the best option.

You still in Hudson ? I bought my truck off a Vietnam vet in Port Richey

Actually in New port richey now, same thing though 5 miles apart. You local?

DieselJpower

Reaction score
I grew up down in Sorry-sota county, but live in far western NC now. I pretty much never am below 2000 ft above sea level now and feel like it might play a role in my spool up.

1badpsd

Reaction score
You have alot of motor work? Comp springs or beehive?

Just shimmed 910's studs etc. My biggest issue is I tried adi injectors to give home feedback and they are garbage and don't fuel right. Full force will be going through them though I just haven't had time for the truck to be down.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Just shimmed 910's studs etc. My biggest issue is I tried adi injectors to give home feedback and they are garbage and don't fuel right. Full force will be going through them though I just haven't had time for the truck to be down.

No issues with the shimmer 910's? Save some coin if I don't have to get stage 2 beehives

superpsd

Reaction score
I have B code 350/200s and S369/1.0 fed by a blower. I daily drive it mostly city driving. Engine has no reinforcements but I am only fueling to about the 400hp range. I also tune using minotaur. The 200% nozzles can be tamed but it takes some tuning to dial them in to keep them clean.

campbellflage

Reaction score
I have B code 350/200s and S369/1.0 fed by a blower. I daily drive it mostly city driving. Engine has no reinforcements but I am only fueling to about the 400hp range. I also tune using minotaur. The 200% nozzles can be tamed but it takes some tuning to dial them in to keep them clean.

That's a little more than I'm going to be running, sounds awesome though

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I have been DD my single cab for a few weeks while my crew cab is down waiting on parts..
Any how it has 300/200 and 74mm Garrett with no issues, my tuning is not the greatest but it drives ok until I get tunes from GH
This strictly a play truck, I don't tow with it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

campbellflage

Reaction score
I have been DD my single cab for a few weeks while my crew cab is down waiting on parts..
Any how it has 300/200 and 74mm Garrett with no issues, my tuning is not the greatest but it drives ok until I get tunes from GH
This strictly a play truck, I don't tow with it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mine will be a daily, but trying to talk the wife into letting me buy a fun truck. Thinking a gated 369 or a 467 for the daily

superpsd

Reaction score
Stock rods, stock pushrods, stock springs, stock headbolts here. But I am not even breaking 500hp the way I have it tuned. I also have tuned in to be very linear as to keep torque down at lower engine speed in hopes to keep it intact.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Stock rods, stock pushrods, stock springs, stock headbolts here. But I am not even breaking 500hp the way I have it tuned. I also have tuned in to be very linear as to keep torque down at lower engine speed in hopes to keep it intact.

Seriously? Supercharged and no valvetrain upgrades? I'd love to see this setup!

Latest posts

Members online