Kc gtp38r

Brian Taylor OBS

Reaction score
So this isn’t really new but there wasn’t a ton of posts on here regarding this turbo. I just upgraded from a d66. The new kc turbo is way better for towing and is not near as lazy as the d66. I also ran a stock turbo too. The ball bearing set is money. The kc turbo nets me about 6-8 more psi part throttle then the two other previously mentioned turbos. Except for the price the kc turbo is Sweet. Weirdly enough the empty daily driving seems really similar with the exception to the smoother building of boost on the kc turbo. It’s not day and night difference. As far as an obs bolt on goes it’s good. :popcorn

Brian Taylor OBS

Reaction score
So update on the turbo. I just pulled 17k trailer to Johnson valley California from Oregon. This turbo works very well I get the feeling it really flows on the top end. Highest psi I saw was 28. It probably could have gone higher but that wasn’t what I was trying to do. I still need some better tuning and I might try a 6.0 intercooler over my 7.3 one. With that kinda weight egts are always an issue. On a side not I dig the turbo free spooling like a 6.0 turbo when you turn the truck off. It catches obs people off guard because non of them do that.

Swaan

Reaction score
So what are you saying? Egts are still an issue?

It shouldn't matter how much weight you got behind you, the turbo simply supplys enough air to keep egts under control or it dosent. Sounds to me like it's better then stock but still not as good as a proper T4/S300sxe conversion. Every single person that I know who has gone that route simply don't have EGT issues. I also was one of them.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I have 0 experience with kc turbo's, so i really cannot comment on them. I can confidently say high egt's are generally due to poor tuning or boost leaks. Too much fuel for a turbo obviously too.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
So what are you saying? Egts are still an issue?

It shouldn't matter how much weight you got behind you, the turbo simply supplys enough air to keep egts under control or it dosent. Sounds to me like it's better then stock but still not as good as a proper T4/S300sxe conversion. Every single person that I know who has gone that route simply don't have EGT issues. I also was one of them.

^^^^^ This

If I remember, I'll take a pic of the catalog page where I found ball bearing TP38 turbos.

Billy T.
[email protected]

gnxtc2

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20180220_102712.jpg
    20180220_102712.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 20180220_102638.jpg
    20180220_102638.jpg
    852.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 20180220_103058.jpg
    20180220_103058.jpg
    693.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

oneton

Reaction score
why would anyone buy a made in china turbo for a psd,or any diesel?

Swaan

Reaction score
why would anyone buy a made in china turbo for a psd,or any diesel?

One reason. There cheap. The turbos are cheap and the person buying it. Lol.

When your dealing with something with close tolerances and spins upward of 80,000 rpm In 1200 degree heat I tend to stick with the people who know what there doing.

Last edited:

oneton

Reaction score
One reason. There cheap. The turbos are cheap and the person buying it. Lol.

When your dealing with something with close tolerances and spins upward of 80,000 rpm In 1200 degree heat I tend to stick with the people who know what there doing.

I'm cheap,but only on some things but engine parts are not them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.