please help 7.3 problems

79jasper

Reaction score
And that's why I don't assume people "know" what they're doing. Lol
As said above, you'll have to work the air out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

DieselDC

Reaction score
Yes that would be me “assuming” the OP evacuated the cylinders. I assumed such and at the same time, in the same post, I gave solutions on how to correct it if my assumptions were wrong.

I gave the op the benefit of the doubt but I guess I gave too much credit to start with. Regardless, trucks running.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

DieselDC

Reaction score
Ok thanks so much really appreciate it sounds so muh quieter and smoother its just a stock truck with tony wildman tunes on a ts 6 position chip 6637 air filter halo leds smoked taillights gauges 2017 rims and tires 2” spacers

You should look into a hydra chip.

—————signature—————

dsberman94

Reaction score
The chip he has is fine. Doesn’t sound like he’s really into modding it since pulling injectors to replace cups would have been the perfect time to upgrade them.

2000f350intheworks

Reaction score
whats the hydra chip tony wildman said i could upgrade it to the hydra chip but i had no idea what it was never had a powerstroke only owned a duramax lb7 with efi and a 98.5 cummins that was stock

DieselDC

Reaction score
Look it up. Get tunes through email. Worlds better than a ts chip even with stock sticks.

—————signature—————

DieselDC

Reaction score
Ill have to look into it see i dont like the ts chip if i dont hammer the throttle my truck shifts hard on all settings idk why

Canned tunes.

—————signature—————

Arisley

Reaction score
Ill have to look into it see i dont like the ts chip if i dont hammer the throttle my truck shifts hard on all settings idk why

If you had a Hydra, you could call Tony and tell him the issues you are having with your tunes. He could email adjust your tunes, email them to you, you could load them on the Hydra chip yourself.

sootie

Reaction score
Not everyone can have it lived tuned. Custom tunes would be your best bet.

—————signature—————

Thats his point. Any file prepared without physically having the truck is a canned tune.

Arisley

Reaction score
While i pretty much agree with you, especially at this point and time in the lifespan of the 7.3 and the amount of tunes that experienced tuner have written. They can take one of their tunes, do some custom tweaks to it and email it to you. At that point it is a custom, not a canned tune, you are the only one with that particular tune. However, when the tuner clicks on file and save as, it now becomes a canned tune the next time a customer is having the same issue.

Probably, when you call said tuner and complain about your issues with your tune, he will look at his file and see Tune XXX with softer shifting, hmm, exactly what my customer needs. Then you are getting a canned tune.

Even live tuning starts out with a canned tune, and then custom tweaks are added to make it perfect for your particular truck and driving habits and needs.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Thats his point. Any file prepared without physically having the truck is a canned tune.

Exactly so... best thing would be custom tunes. At least it’s not 100 cookie cutter files like what hydra has on their server. Tuner can at least change here and there based on knowledge/experience of live tuning.

—————signature—————

DieselDC

Reaction score
While i pretty much agree with you, especially at this point and time in the lifespan of the 7.3 and the amount of tunes that experienced tuner have written. They can take one of their tunes, do some custom tweaks to it and email it to you. At that point it is a custom, not a canned tune, you are the only one with that particular tune. However, when the tuner clicks on file and save as, it now becomes a canned tune the next time a customer is having the same issue.

Probably, when you call said tuner and complain about your issues with your tune, he will look at his file and see Tune XXX with softer shifting, hmm, exactly what my customer needs. Then you are getting a canned tune.

Even live tuning starts out with a canned tune, and then custom tweaks are added to make it perfect for your particular truck and driving habits and needs.

Dammit no like button...

#like

—————signature—————

superpsd

Reaction score
It's still custom tuning. It just may take some data logging and going back and forth with a tuner to get it dialed in. Also every tuner has different tricks. Live tuning is custon tuning it just allows for the truck to be tuned faster and dialed in on a dyno if they are using one (you dont need a dyno to live tune you just need the correct chip)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.