Coolant leak? Can't find it.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Truck is a 2015 10k miles. Parked it outside last night. Temp was about 10 degrees. Noticed this morning a small puddle under the front bumper right in the center. I can't see anything on the radiator. Could it be the water pump? I can't seem to find the leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhudson

Reaction score
Check all your fluid levels and if everything is fine and you can't find any leaks anywhere, you'd have to consider the possibility that it's just melted ice or something

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Defiantly coolant. I took s paper towel to the puddle it was orange. Checked the security camera to see if the puddle was there before I parked from another car. It was dry. When I went under my truck I could a droplet on or between the radiator and shroud. But the back of the radiator was dry.

webb06

Reaction score
Monitor the coolant level in the primary and secondary tanks. Could be a clamp on the crossover pipe on the secondary system. Or a leaking radiator.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Never put the additive in yet. The actual coolant is the orange motorcraft ford sells. Anyone know if a leak in this area is common. I'm expecting to go out to my truck after work and see a puddle.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
I checked both tanks when it was cold and they are reading perfect.

bhudson

Reaction score
It's possible one of your tanks cracked at the seam or something and it's a slow leak or only leaks when there's pressure on it

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
I just checked it. Truck has been sitting for 5 hours. Parked it when the coolant temp was 192. Nothing on the ground.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
I mean if left an 8" puddle in a matter of 8 hours.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Not sure if my dealer will warranty it since the truck is missing some oem parts.

johnboy27

Reaction score
Check the drain valve on the radiator. If there is a puddle you should be able to get under the truck and find where it's coming from.

My truck was leaking from the water pump last week. The dealer replaced it under warranty even though I had a bunch of stuff done to the truck.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Hasn't leaked since the other night. Could it be a weather thing?

Latest posts

Members online