"Crude Intentions" Build

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Thanks to years of reading PSA build threads, I decided it was time to nut up and truly build one my trucks... thanks pricks! LOL

Pictures will come tomorrow when my phone is charged.

Late last winter one of our company trucks decided it was a good time to loose #3 injector and crack the piston. It has been a good truck for 285,000 miles with no major issues, so I cannot complain. We did not have the capability of being down to one company truck, especially since it pulls our gooseneck trailer. So Dad and I decided to swap in my good running 95k mile engine out of my RCLB and I would use the old one as a core to build.

After talking with Josh Davis and Morgan Primm on Facebook about what my plans were, I decided that I needed to make a trip to IL. So on our way to the Mid America Truck show in Louisville KY we made a minor detour in our trip from MI to KY, by way of central IL. I dropped the short block and injectors off with Darrin at RCD and the heads off with Jared at Midwest. The minor detour only added 4 hrs of driving to our trip to KY. But the extra day off work was much needed and getting to see these two shops in person was well worth the drive. I mean getting to rub my nuts on Clausen's and Gorman's trucks at Midwest made it so worth it! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Short block got the following:
- RCD machining
- RCD balanced the rotating assembly
- 30 over, delipped, fly cut, and ceramic coated pistons
- R&R rods
- RCD stage 3 billet cam
- RCD push rods
- Mahle lifters
- ATI balancer
- Elite billet flex plate...because my Suncoast flex plate didn't want to cooperate
- ARP hardware kit (balancer, flex plate, and crank shaft adapter)
- RCD Aluminum oil pan

Injectors got the full RCD treatment after a set of their 60% nozzels

Heads got the Midwest works!
- Race port
- ceramic coated
- valve guides
- RCD springs
- Stage 3 Midwest intake
The heads and intake look amazing!

Other Parts I've been collecting over the past 2 years:
- RCD stainless 6.0L headers
- RCD stainless up pipes with egr provision
- Elite Jr High Power chargers
- SDP waste gate
- SDP 4" stainless down pipe with waste gate bung
- RCD ported fuel rails
- Elite fuel bowl ******
- Fass 220
- RCD intake elbow
- RCD cold side pipe
- Industrial Dragon Fire K16
- ARP head studs
- NoLimit intake
- RCD stainless coolant tubes
- New front cover
- New oil cooler, I wanted to do a custom remote kit but it wasn't in the budget at this time
- New rockers
- New LPOP
- Dana 80
- 37 spline axle shafts
- Detroit locker
- PowerStop rear break kit. Drilled/ Slotted rotors, pads, and "upgraded" & powder coated calipers
- Ultimate 80 diff cover with axle tube braces
- PMF stainless break lines
- ISSPRO gauges

The truck already had:
- PMF short arm kit with frame brackets
- PMF stage 2 gusseted traction blocks
- Custom adjustable rear suspension stops
- Sky High Performance competition trans

Im sure there is stuff i have forgotten, ill edit it later when I remember more stuff.
pictures to come!

Truck is being assembled with help from Mike's Diesel- he used to be a PSA sponsor idk if he still is.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Very nice, should be an awesome puller and deadly on the street with how fast it'll spool.

My truck needs a Lysol bath.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Very nice, should be an awesome puller and deadly on the street with how fast it'll spool.

My truck needs a Lysol bath.
Thanks bud, I sure hope so! Im very anxious to see what she will make on fuel and on the bottle.

And when I was leaving Dirty Mike and the boys were planing on having a Soup Kitchen in your truck.... so might wanna up it to bleach, gasoline, and a match hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
The truck in its work form.
077805e923d96c86a1154b1999b095fc.jpg

In pulling form.
058e5ca9a7fcbcb6b75cc86a874a0ce7.jpg

In dune truck form.
9e8663f42e729f262cacd1e1f7009012.jpg

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Dana 80 with welded tubes in primer.
7ccb134d9ca92ae1e061fd150ea4451e.jpg

Ultimate Dana 80 cover with tube brace option mocked up
4a829b1d51aa63b738e275b67e94d46a.jpg

Painted
66ac27a0fe255773ca91f16212928aba.jpg

PMF blocks for the Dana 80
RCD stainless coolant tubes
RCD aluminum oil pan
We're the last major parts I was waiting on Friday. And as promised Trevor and Darrin pulled through and got them here before last weekend.
36453001f1b3a0006ffdb6d18bdcc26c.jpg

Heads and intake from Midwest
1bdc7dfe4768444e96d798ff10481583.jpg

7ab06e81fa74775544ea24734b465bbb.jpg

bc5d729fe80f328ba4a6dcbdc81b29da.jpg

Black AOD

Reaction score
Very Nice!

Since you're doing a new oil pump, a set of billet oil pump gears wouldn't be a bad idea.

Out of curiosity, why do a dragonfire k16 versus Morgans twin pump kit with two new k16s?

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Very Nice!

Since you're doing a new oil pump, a set of billet oil pump gears wouldn't be a bad idea.

Out of curiosity, why do a dragonfire k16 versus Morgans twin pump kit with two new k16s?
I thought about billet gears but Morgan Darrin and Josh all agreed it wasn't needed at this level. I'm sure it will get a set later on in life.

Reason for dragon fire was to meet Workstock class rules for pulling. It's a stock appearing class. The pump I have is new old stock Josh had been hiding for a personal back up. It's of of the original runs that were not plagued with issues like later versions were. Honestly it still lingers in the back of my head "what if it goes boom". But to run dual fuelers (which I have a Elite kit on the shelf) I would have to bump up a class to 2.5 inducer single charger. And I personally love the factory style VGT twins, I do more than just pull so they are fun. Besides I already had these turbos collecting dust.

Local kid traded in a 6.4L that had the turbos, dual fuelers, mini max, and fass 220. I'm friends with the sales manager at that dealer, so I got a KILLER deal on parts. Truck was headed to auction so the aftermarket wasn't gonna bring anymore money.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I thought about billet gears but Morgan Darrin and Josh all agreed it wasn't needed at this level. I'm sure it will get a set later on in life.

Reason for dragon fire was to meet Workstock class rules for pulling. It's a stock appearing class. The pump I have is new old stock Josh had been hiding for a personal back up. It's of of the original runs that were not plagued with issues like later versions were. Honestly it still lingers in the back of my head "what if it goes boom". But to run dual fuelers (which I have a Elite kit on the shelf) I would have to bump up a class to 2.5 inducer single charger. And I personally love the factory style VGT twins, I do more than just pull so they are fun. Besides I already had these turbos collecting dust.

Local kid traded in a 6.4L that had the turbos, dual fuelers, mini max, and fass 220. I'm friends with the sales manager at that dealer, so I got a KILLER deal on parts. Truck was headed to auction so the aftermarket wasn't gonna bring anymore money.

Completely forgot about the rules changing when running dual pumps. i see now.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Completely forgot about the rules changing when running dual pumps. i see now.
I'm sure in a few years it will go to dual pumps and Max Powers like Gleason has. Then I'll just pull open class at the local brush pulls. Gonna have to save up for those turbos though

Rubenk

Reaction score
I'm sure in a few years it will go to dual pumps and Max Powers like Gleason has. Then I'll just pull open class at the local brush pulls. Gonna have to save up for those turbos though

Sweet build!

I went with a dragonfire single pump as well. Go figure nearly all the local workstock classes went away this year, and the ones that remain are allowing dual pumps. I really dont know which way to go now.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Sweet build!

I went with a dragonfire single pump as well. Go figure nearly all the local workstock classes went away this year, and the ones that remain are allowing dual pumps. I really dont know which way to go now.

Thanks!

I'd go dual stock pumps. You will get the reliability back. And guys that need a dragonfire are willing to pay good money for a proven used one.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Out in the shop and a found a few more parts I've bought along the way. Who dosent like looking at truck parts?!?!?

bc26e79c97a7fdcdeae7cb339b323afc.jpg

e43e8005cd4c17112699c2a36fc86485.jpg

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Not much of an update tonight. Got the frame steam cleaned from the front of the box forward. Then we set the trans and t-case in. Got the HP turbo exhaust housing headed to get ceramic coated. And some odd parts headed for powder coat. I decided even though I want it to look stockish, its gonna look extremely clean under the hood.

Shafer171

Reaction score
Jonesville Mi? I used to work with a Kevin Sparks from jonesville. Any relation by chance? Gonna be one stout truck when your done.