Death Wobble

Salt250

Reaction score
I have been fighting this for months with no end in site.... I have had the tie rod ends changed the drag link and it’s tie rod end pivot bushing and steering stabilizer.... if any of y’all could help me that would be greatly appreciated I don’t wanna keep throwing money at a ghost....... TIA

mikeeg02

Reaction score
#1 Spin your wheels on a balancer, make sure they are actually straight.

#2 Make sure your tires are balanced.

assuming thats all good, and everything is tight,

#3 Take it to an alignment shop and add some caster +3.5* is usually a pretty good place to start.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
You shouldnt need to add 3.5*, you want to end up around there. The alignment shop should be able to accomodate once they have measured where you are at.

needen$77

Reaction score
The owner of our company had that issue and they ended up finding a broke adjustment sleeve?? Im guessing it had something to do with caster or camber (i forget the difference between the two) but he sold it shortly after

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
#1 Spin your wheels on a balancer, make sure they are actually straight.

#2 Make sure your tires are balanced.

assuming thats all good, and everything is tight,

#3 Take it to an alignment shop and add some caster +3.5* is usually a pretty good place to start.
This^^^ although i didnt know it was that much added. I think mine is around +3 and it is ok. I have a bilstien steering damper and a dual shock steering stabilizer and those made a world of difference. Im going to switch them to fox shocks soon though. Want them to match the 2.0s i have. Those are amazing as well.. lol

live life full throttle

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Trac bar and ball joint? Have you jacked it up and shook it down to see if ball joints are loose or anything else?

Ciras

Reaction score
Trac bar and ball joint?

Trac bar ball joint is a major culprit that is often overlooked.

Also, confirm proper torque on the trac bar mounting bracket (that is, bracket to sub-frame) as well- 129 ft-lbs. If loose, inspect for worn bolt holes.

The M20 bolt (bushing end) is 406 lb-ft, ball joint stud is 187 lb-ft.

Last edited:

Salt250

Reaction score
So I would need to change the whole track bar or the bushings?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You can do either, the ball joint presses in and out of the axle housing. When you pull the bar, you can change the bushing by pressing it in and out, or replace the bar.

Latest posts

Members online