Egt probe location?

Johndeer

Reaction score
Hello all! Still new to this, but my question is where is the best place to mount a egt probe. Does it really matter if it’s in front of or behind the turbo? Reason I ask is that I was told drill in the manifold, but my 5” exhaust down pipe on back of turbo has a plug already in it, that I was as wondering what it’s for ever since I ordered it from grand rock stacks? Thanks in advance for any help!!! Hope I posted in right spot? It is a 6.0

webb06

Reaction score
Drill and tap driver side exhaust manifold from under the truck towards the back before it makes the bend towards the up pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johndeer

Reaction score
10-4 that’s what I’ve seen all over the internet, and probably where it will get mounted. I was just really curious as to what the plug is for 4-5” behind turbo in exhaust pipe? Looks to be the same size as probe nut? I can try and put a pic if need be?

BS Hauler

Reaction score
It can go either place. Only after the turbo will read 300* cooler than the exhaust manifold will read. You need to know what the piston temp is and that would be at the exhaust manifold.

Johndeer

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Got it in and installed!! And recommendations on what I should set alarm on for the sct tuner?? To be honest it would be nice to know what to set some of the other alarms to as well? 2005 6.0 any info would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Latest posts

Members online