6.0 powerstroke falls on face, 1-2 shift

rman

Reaction score
2003 6.0 Bulletproofed

Have been running SPD for about 6 months and for the heck of it decided to load White Rain today. In the past, I have had multiple revisions of WR, and while it's such an awesome tune, my truck tends to flare on the 3-5.

Rolled into throttle, seemed fine
Stomped it from a stop, ran it to 70mph, 31psi, ran like a top!

One more time, pulled like a freight train in 1st, then when it went to shift, it almost sounded like I was hitting a rev limiter or running out of fuel.

Wasn't staring at my gauges, but i showed a low of 30psi Fuel Pressure - Which DOES NOT concern me because I don't have a needle valve in there, and the FP tends to fluctuate wildly. If my FP had actually dropped and sustained, I "probably" would have noticed my LiveWire flashing red.

Any ideas what it might have been? Truck ran fine afterwards. Didn't get on it again though

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Mine does this occasionally. I think it may be a solenoid issue in the trans, as its intermittent.

rman

Reaction score
after watching some vids online, I'm 99% sure I was bouncing off the rev limiter

my best guess is the trans hadn't completely learned its tables, and missed the 1-2 shift.

My WR tends to flare the 3-5 as well.

At some point I need to drain/fill, replace filters, and new solenoids

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online