TPMS and NGAUGE

Mechcont

Reaction score
What are you guys doing to change or get rid of the TPMS light when running the NGAUGE? I had SCT before and I was able to adjust the TPMS pressure but now that I made the change I have that ugly light on and it drives me crazy!!!!

Mechcont

Reaction score
I have the sensors installed in the wheels but the pressure is set for 80 in the rear and 65 in the front. I run 55 all around.

I tried to have a buddy with the IDS software change the parameter but he was having trouble connecting to the truck with the tune loaded. We are going to put it back to stock make the change and re-flash the tune hopefully it works.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I have the sensors installed in the wheels but the pressure is set for 80 in the rear and 65 in the front. I run 55 all around.

I tried to have a buddy with the IDS software change the parameter but he was having trouble connecting to the truck with the tune loaded. We are going to put it back to stock make the change and re-flash the tune hopefully it works.

I run 65psi and asked the dealer to lower the TPMS setting. They were reluctant to hook it up to IDS and do that. The service manager asked the tech to set the tires to 65psi, then reset them to the truck. I've seen as low as 58psi (using Torque app) since then with no light. Don't know if you've tried that yet or not.

redneck1

Reaction score
I used my brothers h&s to turn mine off

I have a 16 with access to a h$s on a tuned truck (6.4), but I'm curious what the procedure is. Does it have to be on a 6.7 or a certain software version? Do both trucks have to be returned to stock to set this or doesn't it matter? Also, does this work on a 16? Sorry for all the questions!. I saw, mfoltz, that your trucks a 15. I recently changed to a ndash and am missing my tpms light off like the op. Thanks

Last edited:

mfoltz

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it has to be a 6.7 but I think it doesn't matter. You don't have to return any thing to stock. All I did was unpluged it from my brothers truck and plugged it in mine and went to setting I think or where ever you turn the tpms off and hit disable. I was a little worried at first to but everything worked good and I have no light

redneck1

Reaction score
Well, my luck, H&s won't communicate with my computer. So I dunno if it's the mini or the fact it's a 16, very frustrating. About ready to go back to sct because of the tpms and the lack of exhaust brake on s partan tuning... Sorry op, not trying to derail your thread...

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
My SCT has TPMS settings as part of the tuning menu. Now I'm running the newest PIP V8 files for the past few days. VERY nice changes and power is great.

redneck1

Reaction score
Even when I made the appropriate settings on the sct, my tpms warning light remains on. What did you do to eliminate this? Thanks

I don't know what you did exactly, but I ran mine set at 40 on my sct with 50 in my tires and never had a light. Just trying to figure out what you mean by appropriate settings.

mfoltz

Reaction score
Well, my luck, H&s won't communicate with my computer. So I dunno if it's the mini or the fact it's a 16, very frustrating. About ready to go back to sct because of the tpms and the lack of exhaust brake on s partan tuning... Sorry op, not trying to derail your thread...

I bet it has to be an h&s tuned to a 2011 to 2014 ford. Didn't you use one tuned to a 6.4? I couldn't remember if it had to be tuned to a 6.7 but I bet it does. I had no problem doing mine.

redneck1

Reaction score
I bet it has to be an h&s tuned to a 2011 to 2014 ford. Didn't you use one tuned to a 6.4? I couldn't remember if it had to be tuned to a 6.7 but I bet it does. I had no problem doing mine.

Yeah, it was tuned to an 09.

redneck1

Reaction score
I have mine set at 40 and actual tire psi is 60. Light still comes on

Yeah, that's strange. I would suspect a bum sensor, but you could try flashing a different tune. I don't know if sct has had any issues with tpms setting, but it worked awesome on mine. You could try dropping them or increasing them on your sct to give the module a kick in the pants..

redneck1

Reaction score
I'll try that. I'll switch tunes too. They are ghead tunes so not sure if that will do anything or not being "custom". Thanks for the info

No, shouldn't make a difference. I ran it that way with ghead and tyrant both.

Mechcont

Reaction score
I haven't had time to go back and try switching back to stock to get into body computer using the IDS to adjust the pressure settings but I do have some strange things going on.

To back track I had the settings changed on the computer when I first installed the wheels to 50psi all around. I fist had an SCT with P*P tunes and never had any problems with and tire pressure lights. I made the jump to SOTF ****** and the TPMS light came on so ok something with the new tune was different and I tried to change it again using IDS but I could not get into the computer to do anything. Well I ran out of windshield washer fluid today and I have no light on the dash. I checked the codes on the CTS2 and I am getting a u0102 "lost communication with the transfer case" and p0000 "on board diagnostic system readiness test not complete". Any idea on what is going on? I have no check engine lights on. Truck info Is in my sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk