'08-up with a 6.0?

protraxrptr17

Reaction score
Can it be done? Has it been done? Probably shouldnt be done but..... I'm comfortable with the 6.0, but I love the 08+ trucks. Probably would never do it, but what if...

Spatel23

Reaction score
it hasnt been done (to my knowledge) because it would be counterproductive.

Maybe its just me but the 6.4 seems simpler once the emissions garbage is removed.

RedLine

Reaction score
Did you love the 6.0 when you first heard of them and all the "issues' they had? My guess is no, you were a bit concerned until you learned for yourself how to fix them.

Just learn how to work on a 6.4 and you will realize how much more amazing of an engine it is. Much easier to make power, stronger bottom end, much simpler injection system. etc etc I can go on and on.

If your still not convinced send me a blank check, your truck, and I will make it happen. All in that order preferably.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I havent heard of many 6.0 injectors hanging open and burnin holes in pistons, 6.0s with rampant running cracked heads (even though they are the same), 6.0s with bad high pressure fuel pumps. No hate on the 6.4 and i cant believe im saying this but the 6.0 is more reliable out of the 2 IMHO.

jdc753

Reaction score
As others said seems a bit counter productive, 6.4's can sure make great power but I'm probably standing alone on this but I like the 05-07 interior better than the 6.4 but I could deal with it for being able to make 600hp with the basic mods.

Why all the 6.0 hate? LOL

Haters gonna hate!!

Spatel23

Reaction score
I havent heard of many 6.0 injectors hanging open and burnin holes in pistons, 6.0s with rampant running cracked heads (even though they are the same), 6.0s with bad high pressure fuel pumps. No hate on the 6.4 and i cant believe im saying this but the 6.0 is more reliable out of the 2 IMHO.

:doh:

RedLine

Reaction score
Why all the 6.0 hate? LOL

I have 4 6.0's, freaking love them all. I just like my 6.4 a bit more lol.

This is not a pissing match, both engines suck in stock form. We can all agree on that, and 90% of the 6.4 and 6.0 problems come from 2 things.

1.) being left in this stock form and something to do with emissions failing or causing another part to fail.
2.) lack of maintenance.

protraxrptr17

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, there are the same amount of problems between the two. Just different problems. The problems in the 6.4's can be more costly at times.

This and i always have plenty of 6.0 parts layin around. And if i did this I could sell the 6.4 engine for good money. I probably will never do it anyway, but i was just daydreaming. I could sell my 6.0 truck, buy a 6.4 truck with some problems, part out the engine to recover the price difference and then do the swap.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, there are the same amount of problems between the two. Just different problems. The problems in the 6.4's can be more costly at times.

effing THIS! I talk with a Ford master diesel tech weekly about the warranty NIGHTMARE the 6.4's are. He says the minimum fix for one of those is usually north of 4k. I'm not a 6.4 hater but people think the 6.4 is a god just because you can make power with minimum mods. that's all well and good....until it breaks. I've had more than one Ford tech tell me they have never seen a 6.4 truck come in with more than 200k on it's original motor.

Snake

Reaction score
I own a 6.0 and have had my share of problems, and have driven several 6.4's, both stock and modded. While I'm impressed with the 6.4 (tons of power, quiet, smooth, and the interior of the truck is damn nice), I wouldn't trade my 6.0 for one. As stated, they both have their share of problems, but the 6.4's tend to be much more expensive to repair and are more difficult to work on. I have several friends who are diesel techs at the Ford dealership.....none of them will buy a 6.4. And they said they'd stop talking to me if I did. LOL

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I own a 6.0 and have had my share of problems, and have driven several 6.4's, both stock and modded. While I'm impressed with the 6.4 (tons of power, quiet, smooth, and the interior of the truck is damn nice), I wouldn't trade my 6.0 for one. As stated, they both have their share of problems, but the 6.4's tend to be much more expensive to repair and are more difficult to work on. I have several friends who are diesel techs at the Ford dealership.....none of them will buy a 6.4. And they said they'd stop talking to me if I did. LOL

^^ this. A good friend of mine is a senior mt with ford. Even he says you couldn't give him one. Ill stick with my 6.0. I know what to expect out of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Matt_P

Reaction score
effing THIS! I talk with a Ford master diesel tech weekly about the warranty NIGHTMARE the 6.4's are. He says the minimum fix for one of those is usually north of 4k. I'm not a 6.4 hater but people think the 6.4 is a god just because you can make power with minimum mods. that's all well and good....until it breaks. I've had more than one Ford tech tell me they have never seen a 6.4 truck come in with more than 200k on it's original motor.

I agree with this, honestly my 6.0 is the most reliable truck Ive ever owned. 130 bucks for a blower motor and fan so far and thats it, old 6.4 on the other hand, close to 10k in work, thank god it was all under warranty

Latest posts

Members online