Need new shocks?

RSK

Reaction score
lets say I was to get a set of fox shocks for a stock height truck, that doesn't see any offroad use at all. would the fox shocks with resi's be enough of a better ride on the pavement over non resi to justify having resi's. also if I was to order shocks for a stock height truck which would be custom made from what i've read, would it be possible to send them back and have them rebuilt to be long enough for a 4-6" lift or would the cost be greater then just buying new shocks, and If they could be rebuilt with longer shafts to work with a 4-6" lift I would just buy them with resi's

Reaction score
Shocks are relatively cheap, and a good shock thats not worn out will be easy to sell when you decide to go bigger.

A 2.0 Shock will not ride any better or worse on the street than a 2.0 with remote res. The remote res comes into play when you do a lot of offroading. They are both valved the same, one just holds more fluid than the other and the remote res allows it to cool faster and therefore hold up under extreme conditions better.

Most people with lifted trucks go with the remote res primarily for the cool factor and the look.

RSK

Reaction score
Shocks are relatively cheap, and a good shock thats not worn out will be easy to sell when you decide to go bigger.

A 2.0 Shock will not ride any better or worse on the street than a 2.0 with remote res. The remote res comes into play when you do a lot of off roading. They are both valved the same, one just holds more fluid than the other and the remote res allows it to cool faster and therefore hold up under extreme conditions better.

Most people with lifted trucks go with the remote res primarily for the cool factor and the look.

Realistically I'm might drive through a few fields at like 60 or 70 to see how nice the truck rides especially in the winter time, but I probably won't be going off road, but it feels like i'm off roading driving on some the streets i drive on in ct and some parts of the highways. lol I'd say i'm going with my lift and everything for the cool factor. I mean I like how my truck looks but realistically I don't need anything that i've done to it lol. It's for fun. but some better shocks would be better. my factory rancho leave a lot to be desired especially with 99k on them, they aren't blown or leaking yet, but some fox's or king's or icon's would probably make a pretty good difference.

Reaction score
Realistically I'm might drive through a few fields at like 60 or 70 to see how nice the truck rides especially in the winter time, but I probably won't be going off road, but it feels like i'm off roading driving on some the streets i drive on in ct and some parts of the highways. lol I'd say i'm going with my lift and everything for the cool factor. I mean I like how my truck looks but realistically I don't need anything that i've done to it lol. It's for fun. but some better shocks would be better. my factory rancho leave a lot to be desired especially with 99k on them, they aren't blown or leaking yet, but some fox's or king's or icon's would probably make a pretty good difference.

You would be surprised to see how much of an improvement one of these aftermarket shocks can be. My stock ranchos from my 2013 with less than 8000 miles on them could be compressed by hand with almost no effort. Try doing that to an Icon 2.5.....not happening.

You will be impressed with the improvement.

RSK

Reaction score
You would be surprised to see how much of an improvement one of these aftermarket shocks can be. My stock ranchos from my 2013 with less than 8000 miles on them could be compressed by hand with almost no effort. Try doing that to an Icon 2.5.....not happening.

You will be impressed with the improvement.

oh I believe it, my buddy took me in a ride in his 05 crew cab short bed cummins with a carli 6" lift with the radius arms and bilstein's with resi's and no sway bars and it hardly had any body roll and handled and rode excellent very controlled for such a big truck he is on 37's as well. I want a plush ride, which from what i've heard fox shocks provide. If they could be valved for the street like Carli does in the 2.5 commuter lift they sell that would really make the ride better i'm sure. I get a lot of compliments on my truck especially about my head and fog lights and I give them your name.

Reaction score
oh I believe it, my buddy took me in a ride in his 05 crew cab short bed cummins with a carli 6" lift with the radius arms and bilstein's with resi's and no sway bars and it hardly had any body roll and handled and rode excellent very controlled for such a big truck he is on 37's as well. I want a plush ride, which from what i've heard fox shocks provide. If they could be valved for the street like Carli does in the 2.5 commuter lift they sell that would really make the ride better i'm sure. I get a lot of compliments on my truck especially about my head and fog lights and I give them your name.

I would say the fox shocks are valved with a nice compromise between street and off road. These shock companies know that most of us use these trucks 90% or more on road and just want something to soak up the bumps and make it not so harsh.

RSK

Reaction score
I would say the fox shocks are valved with a nice compromise between street and off road. These shock companies know that most of us use these trucks 90% or more on road and just want something to soak up the bumps and make it not so harsh.

yah, especially the guys like me that are running around in f350's 7 days a week. Usually dragging a trailer around too, I'll go off road to empty my 7x14 dump trailer but that's about it.

Latest posts

Members online