Old 11-12-2018, 12:59 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

As you can see positive post broke off at starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2018, 03:08 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Wondering if anyone has come across this before. Ended up taking the excursion to a local shop. Looks like once the pcm is grounded the glow plug module sends power to glow plugs to light. Otherwise the module isnt sending power to the plugs. Has anyone come across this? Could it be a bad pcm, possibly the chip? Which is just a ts with basic tunes.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:00 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Bump.
Still having issues starting in the cold. My windshield was leaking which I had replaced. Thought this might have something to do with it. I sent out the pcm to a place in Florida to have checked over. They said everything was fine with it. I then checked all circuits from pcm to Glow plug module thinking there might be a broken wire, was getting 8.6ohms from connector to connect and checked all grounds as well 8.6 ohms to ground from pcm connector to negative on battery. Trying to figure which direction to go next to resolve.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enslow View Post
Bump.
Still having issues starting in the cold. My windshield was leaking which I had replaced. Thought this might have something to do with it. I sent out the pcm to a place in Florida to have checked over. They said everything was fine with it. I then checked all circuits from pcm to Glow plug module thinking there might be a broken wire, was getting 8.6ohms from connector to connect and checked all grounds as well 8.6 ohms to ground from pcm connector to negative on battery. Trying to figure which direction to go next to resolve.
8.6 ohms is way too much for your wires. Should be under .5 typically.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
04 cclb IDP and TSD tunes, KC Stage 2 hi pressure, S476 atmosphere, Odawg Stage 2 ported intake, RCD Stage 1 cam, RCD lifters and pushrods, RCD 120# valve springs, ARP 625s, o ringed heads, Warren 7mm 250/100 hybrids, Strictly bowl dereete regulated return, Air Dog 2 4g, Snow stage 2 water/meth
Old 01-05-2019, 06:43 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

So what could the issue be if Iím getting those readings on end to end, both from connector to connector and through wires, as well as to ground.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:55 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Could have a corroded connector inline somewhere, pinched wires, rodent damage, corroded wires, the list goes on. Look for inline connectors, like the one on the drivers valve cover, and go from there, both directions, to isolate which side your issue is on.

04 cclb IDP and TSD tunes, KC Stage 2 hi pressure, S476 atmosphere, Odawg Stage 2 ported intake, RCD Stage 1 cam, RCD lifters and pushrods, RCD 120# valve springs, ARP 625s, o ringed heads, Warren 7mm 250/100 hybrids, Strictly bowl dereete regulated return, Air Dog 2 4g, Snow stage 2 water/meth
Old 01-05-2019, 07:22 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Thanks I might just remove the engine bay harness to make life easier for testing

Old 01-05-2019, 07:29 AM
General
Member's Gallery

This is where using a headlight works wonders I nstead of ohming out wires. Putting an actual load on each wire will tell you if the wire is at fault. Disconnect the harness at the VC, put one end to the hot side of an old sealed glass headlight, ground the light, then feed 12v at the opposite end of the wir harness. If light lights up bright, wires good and can carry a load. If dim, wire is bad.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:24 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Whs^ A wire will show good continuity with only 1 strand connected, due to the low voltage/amperage coming from your meter. But with it showing hi resistance, it should be fairly easy to find...