Batteries?

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Cold got the best of mine this year! What batteries are y'all running? I tried to do a search for any info but it wont allow me on my phone for whatever reason.

dmd

Reaction score
They all are horrible now. Even the optima is getting lower reviews. I got the Motorcraft with the long warranty from O'Rielly and hope for the best

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Sams club has duracell AGM. I have had them in my buggies, trucks, wife expedition, jeeps and forklifts I like them so far I have bought about 2 dozen so far. Very nicley priced as well. Good warranty as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JHTX

Reaction score
As stated definitely get AGM to prevent terminal & cable corrosion. I have had Autocraft AGM for the last two years with no complaints, but time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Ok thanks yall, I ended up back with motorcraft for free. Dealer covered under warranty. Next time ill have to purchase so ill go with something different probably

dmd

Reaction score
They will maybe last two years. I got some from a dealer sale. And I got replacements
every 18-mos because they kept failing until the warranty ran out.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Yeah my last ones were replaced in 16' so 2 years here as well. After these my warranty is out so ill be searching for a change before then

dmd

Reaction score
With folks stating AGM batteries, I looked at what I bought for my motorcycle about 4 years ago. It is an AGM and it is still going. I will have to look into them when the warranty runs out on the ones I have now in the truck.

08Monster

Reaction score
Coming from ND, I'll tell you the Motorcraft batteries are actually pretty damn good. It gets colder here than most places, I'm still on the originals in my 2014, and it has absolutely never not started, and it regularly gets to -30 in the dead of winter.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I personally do motorcraft. Here in az, I'm killing them about every 2 yrs, but the warranty is awesome. First replacement set is free, second set at pro rate charge costd about the same as 1 battery, then the warranty starts all over again. So basically every 4 years I'm buying 1 battery and getting 2.

Plus, if they crack and eat your cables, that will be covered ynder warranty as well under consequential damage.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Odyssey is the best battery out right now. I’ve got them rebranded into the sears platinums and I’ve had them 4 years now with no issues. You can’t get the diehard platinums rebranded odyssey batteries anymore but you can still get the odyssey batteries.

Latest posts

Members online