2011-2014 Turbo Kits master list

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I actually think Morgan had mentioned before that you cant run the standard 11-14 Ford tuning when doing the 15 turbo swap with all the emissions intact. I think he mentioned that it throws low boost codes due to the quicker spool of the 11-14 turbos. So if you would be doing the 15 turbo swap on the 11-14 on a stock truck, youd need some type of tuning.
Wonder if its the same with the billet. It should spin faster them oem 15.

jcain

Reaction score
well, i was going to keep adding things like correlating dyno videos and information but my option to edit the first post has been taken. oh well.

Reaction score
The factory emissions on strategy doesn't quite jive with a '15 turbo. A simple dpf on tuner like and h&s or sct makes it work right with a little added fuel while still being emissions compatible.

1st last59

Reaction score
The factory emissions on strategy doesn't quite jive with a '15 turbo. A simple dpf on tuner like and h&s or sct makes it work right with a little added fuel while still being emissions compatible.

So, would u say that it would be noticed by a ford tech or service advisor easily. Of course u could look at the difference but I mean by a test drive.

Reaction score
Yep. It doesn't drive like a 11-14 truck.

You guys need to understand. Ford will not warranty ANYTHING that did not come on that truck from the factory. It doesn't matter if they are ford parts or not. If you want warranty then you gotta stay stock. That goes for any platform. Please we don't need anymore warranty questions. It's just getting peoples hopes up.

1st last59

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out what is my best option cause I already toasted one turbo with only 43k on the clock. It cost me money to go in for warranty because it's my welding truck so it's not safe in my opinion to stay with the hunk of **** 11-14 turbo. If if would drive normal I have a good dealer to cover warranty. I just want longevity. As in no worry longevity. And I'm trying to get my hopes to come true or dropped so this is the reason for the questions. When these kits came about on Facebook it was said that they could be installed on a stock truck with no tuning required. That was false hope.

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out what is my best option cause I already toasted one turbo with only 43k on the clock. It cost me money to go in for warranty because it's my welding truck so it's not safe in my opinion to stay with the hunk of **** 11-14 turbo. If if would drive normal I have a good dealer to cover warranty. I just want longevity. As in no worry longevity. And I'm trying to get my hopes to come true or dropped so this is the reason for the questions. When these kits came about on Facebook it was said that they could be installed on a stock truck with no tuning required. That was false hope.

Yep and that was stated by people who had not tested them. We have and that is our real world results. They do not need special turbo specific tunes, just more fuel on a hotter tune to help the turbo be in its efficiency range. That or find a way to flash a 2015 engine file on the truck.

Either way I'm being very realistic that there will be zero warranty support from ford. Either keep running 11-14 turbos and let your dealer fix them. Or do a '15 swap and take it upon yourself. It sucks but it is that nature of the aftermarket world.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I would say if you're tuned, you may as we'll upgrade to these kits if you're not looking for an all out race truck as your warranty is gone anyway. Another added bonus is for people who have emissions as we do here every year, it only takes me an hour and a half to return to Dpf on tuning so I can take her through emissions, then I come home and swap everything back out. I lost a turbo 2 weeks ago on my truck with just over 21k miles. Left it as it sat I had it towed to the dealer thinking maybe since I've bought a few vehicles from them, my meticulous care for said vehicles, and the fact I don't beat on them(I have a race car for that) maybe they'd help a little. Instead I got a quote for a new engine of $18k + tax without them looking real hard as I got dear in the headlight looks when I asked what led them to that conclusion and what they actually did to find these results. So since my warranty is gone, engine is fine (verified by my Blackstone report) which is done every oil change, I'm happy to bolt this kit up and have some peace of mind. In the long run, I'm better off not running another 11-14 turbo. Im sure the failure rate of those turbos is the main reason they went with a tried and true design that has been around many years. Elite is waiting on my down pipe to come in and then I'll be in business and I can't wait!!!

Keith

RedRice589

Reaction score

I am trying to get custom tunes but I'm still running canned H&S tunes on my truck and I have Morgans '15 turbo with a billet wheel and I've put 5k miles on it in the month I've had it. Been doing great, I no longer haze at idle and it runs much stronger, especially loaded. I don't question my reliability anymore running down the road with horses on the trailer.

Yep and that was stated by people who had not tested them. We have and that is our real world results. They do not need special turbo specific tunes, just more fuel on a hotter tune to help the turbo be in its efficiency range. That or find a way to flash a 2015 engine file on the truck.

Either way I'm being very realistic that there will be zero warranty support from ford. Either keep running 11-14 turbos and let your dealer fix them. Or do a '15 swap and take it upon yourself. It sucks but it is that nature of the aftermarket world.

Meh. Who cares about codes hahaha

Jesse_01

Reaction score
It seems to be hit or miss or maybe the altitude that causes people to lose turbos.

I have seen trucks tuned for over 100k running the og 35psi tunes with no issues.

1st last59

Reaction score
It seems to be hit or miss or maybe the altitude that causes people to lose turbos.

I have seen trucks tuned for over 100k running the og 35psi tunes with no issues.

^^^This is what I can't wrap my head around. I have pulled a lot with my truck and didn't have any trouble. I deleted 5k miles before my turbo went out. I'll admit I didn't have the newest update that as supposed to take stress off the turbo but I was just shocked that it went out that soon. It has me scared to put the mini and flo pro back on.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Mine just went, no smoking, noises, nothing to indicate it was on its way out. I don't beat the piss out of it and let it cool down before shutting it off. Luckily I wasn't far from home when it went (1/2 mile) with the boat hooked up. I'll feel better with the more reliable turbo under the hood for sure though.

Keith

RedRice589

Reaction score
Mine just went, no smoking, noises, nothing to indicate it was on its way out. I don't beat the piss out of it and let it cool down before shutting it off. Luckily I wasn't far from home when it went (1/2 mile) with the boat hooked up. I'll feel better with the more reliable turbo under the hood for sure though.

Keith

You guys are too nice to them..... Gotta treat it like a hooker.... :evil