Work truck project

ncollins64

Reaction score
Well so far the valve on the side was bad so I gotta get that coming and the water neck issues are fixed thanks to cp trucks water neck fix plate.
I got a rebuild kit from full force for the factory turbo since mine started passing oil into the ex. I'm going to take it apart tomorrow and clean everything and reassemble. Has anyone done this or any special tools or tricks or is it pretty straight forward?

ncollins64

Reaction score
It's gone through some changes, but I'm still driving and working it daily. Finally found some mint obs alcoas and I've got all new body panels and bed. Currently have an engine being machined at the machine shop.
I've been taking my time gathering all these parts because I've been busy with the new 6.7 build.

Current list of parts being thrown at it.
10 over master rebuild kit
Pistons delipped, coated, and valve reliefs
Billet rods
Stage 2 billet colt cam with upgraded lifters
Carson staufer girdle and main studs
Carson staufer t4 kit (unsure on turbo)
Swamps gen3
Swamps stage 2 valvetrain
300/200 injectors
Arp head studs
Diesel site waterpump

I'm also taking my heads to mondello to have them do some work. I'll still deciding on block fill. I'll be running a southbend for now, and if and when it breaks it'll be getting a John woods 4r and a pcs. Also having a Dana 80 built by hudlow axle with disk brakes and I got f450 springs for the rear. And I still have to order a PMF RSK kit and shocks. Everything is bought except the gen3 and injectors so I'm hoping to have this thing done by march. Then it'll get the new panels and paint and some interior work.

Last edited:

shmoozer

Reaction score
That's a hell of a list for a "work truck"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
LOL. It started out as a work truck and a dd. Now I hope it's a fun reliable work truck. The new engine started out as a basic rebuild and then one thing led to another.

superpsd

Reaction score
Everybody is building bulletproof 7.3s and I'm sitting here like I can't afford that **** lol. Sounds like it s going to be a beastly work truck.

ncollins64

Reaction score
There's a guy down in Lincoln county tn that does all the dirt and drag cars around here. He goes by mophead but the name of the shop is Lincoln county auto.

cbf9703

Reaction score
There's a guy down in Lincoln county tn that does all the dirt and drag cars around here. He goes by mophead but the name of the shop is Lincoln county auto.
Gotcha. I use Shacklett, good to know another option in the area though.

I'll actually be at Boyd's this weekend for the dirt race, probably see some of his work running.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online