OBS 05+ axle swap

Arisley

Reaction score
Atleast you banned thatdude. Guy was clearly a jerk trying to start a fight, glad to see I joined a forum where things are taken care of before they get out of hand!

Except you share an email address and IP address with thatdude......

I agree, two user names is to many, three is totally against the rules. I had not banned any of them, before now. Bye, Bye.

NotbrettboatIswear

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You're double doses of dipchit, no matter how many user names you create. You continue to still be a phuck tard and derail threads with your bill chit and misinformation.

So keep proving my point.

You actually started this. If it wasn't for you and you alone, I would have never gone this far. Now I'm just trolling and the admins here refuse to actually do anything. All I have to do is make a post and you're butt hurt.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Keep playing the victim. You did this to yourself on PSN and acted the same way. I called you out on it, and now you're butt hurt.

You keep proving my point though. Keep it up. Multiple personalities but be a heck of a problem for you. Off your meds or your mommy didn't let you sleep with your sister?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RBernardi

Reaction score
Hey Ace or anyone else for that matter, I'm wanting to run 35's on my 97' when to swap is done. Right now my doner truck sits higher in the back. Do you guys think I could with a 05-07 leveling kit, and my 2" body lift that is already on my OBS? Also with a leveling kit will I need drop down radius arm brackets? Or do the stock ones still work?

Strokersace

Reaction score
Hey Ace or anyone else for that matter, I'm wanting to run 35's on my 97' when to swap is done. Right now my doner truck sits higher in the back. Do you guys think I could with a 05-07 leveling kit, and my 2" body lift that is already on my OBS? Also with a leveling kit will I need drop down radius arm brackets? Or do the stock ones still work?

Depends on how far you want to go with it.

On my obs, I ran 5200 lb front coils, and could barely fit 33x12.5s. This was with a 9" wide -12 offset rim. The tread was very close to the rear corner of the fender when turning on flat ground and if there was any suspension flex, it would make contact. With a factory 2" rear block, b code SD springs, and velvet ride shackles my rear end was approx 1 1/2" higher than the front. However it looked more level than a "leveled" pickup that often looks nose high (to me).

What size is the factory rear block in the doner? And front spring rate?

With your body lift, you'll have extra room. If you want to keep it, 35's may just work with a stock spring and maybe a small bottom coil spacer. If so, no drop brackets will be needed.

If removing the body lift, you'll definitely need 2.5" leveling coils (or spacers), adjustable track bar, and either a 3-link setup or arm drop brackets.

RBernardi

Reaction score
Depends on how far you want to go with it.

On my obs, I ran 5200 lb front coils, and could barely fit 33x12.5s. This was with a 9" wide -12 offset rim. The tread was very close to the rear corner of the fender when turning on flat ground and if there was any suspension flex, it would make contact. With a factory 2" rear block, b code SD springs, and velvet ride shackles my rear end was approx 1 1/2" higher than the front. However it looked more level than a "leveled" pickup that often looks nose high (to me).

What size is the factory rear block in the doner? And front spring rate?

With your body lift, you'll have extra room. If you want to keep it, 35's may just work with a stock spring and maybe a small bottom coil spacer. If so, no drop brackets will be needed.

If removing the body lift, you'll definitely need 2.5" leveling coils (or spacers), adjustable track bar, and either a 3-link setup or arm drop brackets.

I haven't looked at the front coil rating yet, the has a 2" block. I'm planning on keeping the body lift.

On craigslist near me there is a set of Icon 6" coils pretty cheap, sounds like I need those, along with drop radius arms, drop down pitman arm, adjustable track bar, and bigger rear blocks. To clear 35's. Anything else?

Strokersace

Reaction score
I haven't looked at the front coil rating yet, the has a 2" block. I'm planning on keeping the body lift.

On craigslist near me there is a set of Icon 6" coils pretty cheap, sounds like I need those, along with drop radius arms, drop down pitman arm, adjustable track bar, and bigger rear blocks. To clear 35's. Anything else?
That would EASILY clear 35's! That's essentially an 8" lift. You could probably clear 40s with that lift.

With your body lift and a 2.5" leveling setup, 35's would be good. Once your front is set, then you can figure out what size block in the rear you'd need.

Kedstrokin

Reaction score
That would EASILY clear 35's! That's essentially an 8" lift. You could probably clear 40s with that lift.

With your body lift and a 2.5" leveling setup, 35's would be good. Once your front is set, then you can figure out what size block in the rear you'd need.

I was just wondering what size lift I would need when I do this swap. I want to run 22x12 with 35s. Will a 4.5" lift work or do I need to go with a 6"?

Powerstroke93Bronco

Reaction score
Sorry if i dug up a retired thread her, but I am building a 7.3 powerstroke 93 bronco and was about to put a 79 bronco dana44 w/8bolt conversion in the front but this swap sounds very interesting as I have a 2006 F350 chassis in my backyard with a broken 6.0 . it is this winter's project. I had a good friend weld in a OBS diesel crossmember and coil buckets already. this new idea has made me look deeper. pic of bronco and eng/trans case donor. yes the hauler is a 7.3 powerstroke

Attachments

• DSC03428.JPG
    DSC03428.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC03407.JPG
    DSC03407.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Members online