2016 F250 w/ snow plow package and leveling kit

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Cut 2.5” thick wood blocks and put them under the front tires. Then take a step back and you will know what it looks like and measures out to be. Pretty cheap look ahead.

sootie

Reaction score
What I do is put a floor jack under the frame horn and jack it up. That way you get the correct fender gap, which also changes your eyes perception of level.

Swaan

Reaction score
As sootie already stated. It's about fender gap. Driving it up on blocks might make the truck level but it wont look level to the eye . The gaps have to be equal or it just looks wrong. Tape measure goes a long way.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
That black platinum is also a 350 so it has 1.5" more block in the rear. When you do a 2.5" level on a 250 most add a 350 block to the rear.

Overkill2

Reaction score
4e43a2f0981bf0566c8331dd1b4ffe5e.jpg
2.5” carli springs and 35’s. would like to throw on a cool bumper but too scared it will look silly with plow bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice looking truck brother. What plow you running?

Overkill2

Reaction score
This trend seems to be getting more and more common. Where I work, every year we see less XL/XLT trucks coming in for plows and more Lariat/Platinums. 2-3 years later they will trade them off and swap all the equipment over to the new model. Amazes me, however the demand is so high for the used top trims that dealers will pay top dollar..

My first Ford, 1996 F250 XL standard cab, came with a Meyer plow from the dealer.
No heated mirrors, rear windshield defrost, captain's seats or heated seats back then. I started with driveways but people were a PITA. I moved to commercial work then. My truck had a bench seat that wore out from all the time plowing behind the wheel. It didn't do my back any favors. But Obviously even the top of the line models didn't have what comes standard now with the XL and XLT models.

I plan on adding a plow to my truck but just for personal use. So I would have loved to have had heated mirrors and rear windshield defrost At the minimum in those lake effect storms. But at the end of the day, my Lariat is still a truck and I'm not afraid to use it as such.

Latest posts

Members online