What is your next planned modification

bluedge8

Reaction score
This seems like a good place to post up about my truck, I am thinking i'll start a thread when I actually get some pics and get started, lol.

I have a PMF 2.25" RSK with receiver and tow hooks waiting to go in
U code front springs
fox 2.0 front shocks

Diamond Eye 4" turbo back alumnizied (sp) off road exhaust, currently the truck has the cat and a turn down and that's it.

I will be completing the ccv mod as I have just have it vented to free air, I will put a catch system in then tie it into the the exhaust so I don't smell it anymore.

While doing the RSK, I will be installing my all aluminum 7.3L intercooler, I don't know if my cac pipes will fit, so it may be a little bit until it gets hooked up.

I am planning on diy e-fuel, as I think it's running out of fuel pressure wot with stock inj's and just a tune.

There is so much more but probably won't be to soon, so I'll wait.

I did get the ranch hand bumpers off and sold them, bought the front bumper used and bought a factory look alike rear step bumper for less than what I sold the ranch hands for!

CMCx2012

Reaction score
First, to compliment bluedge8 post above: "CCV mod to catch system..."; this is a great idea and I wish the person that did my CCV followed through on it. I paid for it as a part of my whole build, but got screwed because it was never finished and I am left with occasional smoking and the diesel smell whenever I stop driving. Inevitably, this will be finished.

I also plan to do the 2013 brake conversion all around (2013 OEM system is larger than the 2011/12); the installation of my Rigid D LED's for reverse and fogs; complete my sound proofing (Raamat/Ensolite) and then my stereo will be installed!

Finally, when the time comes I will drive over to my local Ford guy because I want to see just how the 2017 PSD tail gate would look on my truck :)

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
First, to compliment bluedge8 post above: "CCV mod to catch system..."; this is a great idea and I wish the person that did my CCV followed through on it. I paid for it as a part of my whole build, but got screwed because it was never finished and I am left with occasional smoking and the diesel smell whenever I stop driving. Inevitably, this will be finished.

I also plan to do the 2013 brake conversion all around (2013 OEM system is larger than the 2011/12); the installation of my Rigid D LED's for reverse and fogs; complete my sound proofing (Raamat/Ensolite) and then my stereo will be installed!

Finally, when the time comes I will drive over to my local Ford guy because I want to see just how the 2017 PSD tail gate would look on my truck :)

you have a 94-97 7.3 ???

Chris2590

Reaction score
I finally just sent my chip to Dan Kropinak at SDK performance for custom tunes. I had been talking to him for a while about tuning for the injectors and turbo I put in. I've heard all good things about his tuning and I'm pretty excited to see how they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeTo

Reaction score
Duel Donaldson filters, something like lincolnlocker's setup? I'm having a smoke issue. So I stuck my manometer in the IAT sensor hole and did some rollons. Not good, particularly for how big a Donaldson looks. There is no dusting in the intake, but cfm could definitely be higher.

From past experience, I will never put an oiled filter on any engine.

MeTo

Reaction score
I just picked up 3 1023 tunes. I'm leaving the 8th for Arizona. Plenty of different driving conditions to see what they can do?

JCart

Reaction score
Just finished up mounting poly SD CCSB 130 litres, (to replace) OBS mid ship tank. Also plumbed in 3/8” filtered line for gravity feed through ball valve custom drybox 200 litre baffled inbox fuel cell. Just over 400 litre capacity now. Did the hutch mod, with a combo of OBS and SD straps to hold in place with custom front mounting base. Used SD in tank sensor, just had to re configure pins in tank plug to match pins on OBS frame plug. Gauge has 20 litres reserve (remaining in tank) on “E”. Have to extend stock OBS mounts for steel guard as SD tank is about 4-4.5” lower then OBS tank.

Pix in sig link.
Cheers

JCart

Reaction score
Wow! 34 US gallons in the mid tank now! Looks great. Do you know what specific year or year range the tank was from?

Thanks, mine came out of an SD Ccsb, not sure as to year/range, when I picked it up frame was the only thing there. I wanna say mid 2000s so like a 6.0 versions, I’m guessing. This tank is a fair bit shorter then CCLB version and the filler neck opening is opposite the OBS front tank door, so rearward on the tank. The larger tank (I.e., CCLB), the tank filler hole are ahead of the OBS tank door, I think.
j

Latest posts

Members online