Getting a 6.7, what to do first?

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
I second the TSD tunes. Mine was dyno tuned with them and Chris made some adjustments because I have a full Suncoast built 750+ transmission. As for fuel filtration I have the factory lift pump supporting just over 575hp at the wheels with 237,000 trouble free fuel system miles. I'm with Sootie on the stock fuel being pretty darn good.

Wait, these things are making 575 on basic tunes/exhaust? Stock fuel and air?

sootie

Reaction score
Wait, these things are making 575 on basic tunes/exhaust? Stock fuel and air?

The guy you quoted has a non-vgt, but yes. 15+ trucks make around 580 at the wheels tune only. 11-14 trucks are around 500 tune only

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
So I put money down on a 2015 6.7 down in texas, flying out Friday to drive it back. Now, are all the 2015s the updated engine? Curious because its a earlyish 2014 build, but by the vin its a 2015.

sootie

Reaction score
So I put money down on a 2015 6.7 down in texas, flying out Friday to drive it back. Now, are all the 2015s the updated engine? Curious because its a earlyish 2014 build, but by the vin its a 2015.
Yes. Updated turbo setup and hpfp that is...

Engine changes came 17 model job 2

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
Ok sweet, I just wanted to make sure it had the updates over the early years. I put some down on it, and then saw the build date and had a o **** moment.

jcain

Reaction score
The 15+ is all fine and dandy and everyone loves to point out the better turbo and pump but they almost always forget to mention the reduced clutch count in the trans.

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
Where is everyone mounting their EZ Lynk? Also the SOTF switch, they dont tell you where in the 5 pin plug the two wires go, or where the plug even goes. Anyone have some insight on that? And a place to stick that sucker too.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Where is everyone mounting their EZ Lynk? Also the SOTF switch, they dont tell you where in the 5 pin plug the two wires go, or where the plug even goes. Anyone have some insight on that? And a place to stick that sucker too.

Mine is in the little useless black compartment that’s by your right knee. I rarely change it either. Just leave it on 4

J98

Reaction score
The 15+ is all fine and dandy and everyone loves to point out the better turbo and pump but they almost always forget to mention the reduced clutch count in the trans.

Have there been a lot of trans issues in the 15-16 trucks vs the 11-14? Only asking as this is the first I’ve heard of it..

C2tuck

Reaction score
Have there been a lot of trans issues in the 15-16 trucks vs the 11-14? Only asking as this is the first I’ve heard of it..

Depends I guess...

Some people on here beat the piss out of there trucks with no issues (Jomax). I haven’t heard of many having issues on here.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Some people on here beat the piss out of there trucks with no issues (Jomax). I haven’t heard of many having issues on here.

Could it be that the torque convertor was improved over the 11-14 trucks? That's a point no one has ever been able to discuss, or just want to forget. I'd say the clutch count is a mute point since it's like 1-plate in one area and 1-plate in another area. It's not like the plate count difference between a gasser motor transmission and a diesel transmission.

sootie

Reaction score
Could it be that the torque convertor was improved over the 11-14 trucks? That's a point no one has ever been able to discuss, or just want to forget. I'd say the clutch count is a mute point since it's like 1-plate in one area and 1-plate in another area. It's not like the plate count difference between a gasser motor transmission and a diesel transmission.
Are you aware of a difference in the tc's?