What to do with my engine and BTS transmission?

Frashdog

Reaction score
I have a 2001 F350. Truck was totaled from minor accident, I bought it from insurance company. Engine and transmission are fine. Truck was registered/insured/driven for a couple years after accident. Engine has lots of work; beans stage 1 injectors, diesel site boots, turbo parts, uvch, new oil pan. When boost is at 15psi and you stab the pedal, the boost gauge slaps 35psi. Long story, engine has only 160k miles. BTS trans has less then 100k miles. How much should I try/expect for motor/trans? Should I try to sell together? Should I leave them in truck to show/prove it all works? Thanks!

TMCCOY

Reaction score
I would leave it in chassis for the buyer to confirm it runs/drives and pull it only with a deposit.

liquidlounge

Reaction score
I have a 2001 F350. Truck was totaled from minor accident, I bought it from insurance company. Engine and transmission are fine. Truck was registered/insured/driven for a couple years after accident. Engine has lots of work; beans stage 1 injectors, diesel site boots, turbo parts, uvch, new oil pan. When boost is at 15psi and you stab the pedal, the boost gauge slaps 35psi. Long story, engine has only 160k miles. BTS trans has less then 100k miles. How much should I try/expect for motor/trans? Should I try to sell together? Should I leave them in truck to show/prove it all works? Thanks!

You might be running off potential buyers with terms like "stab the pedal " and "slaps the boost gauge" ...makes it sound like the treatment of the vehicle was harder on it than the accident. You can probably still get a couple hundred for it though.

INFRNL

Reaction score
If you are trying to make money, usually best to part it out if you have the time and patience. Quick sale best if left alone as mentioned.

2001, have you checked to see if it has forged or pmr rods?

Latest posts

Members online