Tuners

Strokersace

Reaction score
When I had Cale's tuning on my old 7.3 I tried multiple times to get in touch for updated tunes to correct a few little bugs and I never had any luck.

I remember that.

The best I ever had from him was when he live tuned my 02. But never needed revisions on it either.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
When I had Cale's tuning on my old 7.3 I tried multiple times to get in touch for updated tunes to correct a few little bugs and I never had any luck.

X 3. Tried to contact him for two months to revise my tunes and never a return call or email

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I did!

I was barely using the 6.4 since I have a tdi as a daily driver so I gave it to my dad and picked up Jake’s built 7.3. He’s already done the hard part of building it up. I’m just converting it to a towing truck from his setup as a sled puller.

I looked around here for a DECENT 6.0 and there was nothing affordable and most weren’t even decent for the prices. So dropped back into a 7.3 and kind of enjoying it again. And my wife likes the truck so that’s a huge plus! I don’t have to “sell” her on it’s needs! Lol
That last part makes a huge difference.

Not sure who you went with on the hydra but the old tunes liked rpm more than anything. As in hammer down. Lol.. hauling 22 bale load of round bales id often shift her manually... only because i never took her out of the hot tune. If i ever did use the tow tune then i never looked at the gauges. I think the only thing i didnt have done to the motor to protect it from heat was coating the pistons. I wouldnt worry to much about her. Lol..

Oh, thanks. That name sounds very familiar. It's been yrs since ive been active on the truck forums and doesn't seem like they are all that active anymore

Thats me bud.

I've ran No Limit aka DynoProven, GH, DP Tuner, Jelich, Swamps and Tyrant. Hands down Tyrant on trans tune. I also depends on the orfice size of the boost valve in the trans and what mods were done to the VB. My trans guy (Paul aka The Punisher) told me to tell the tuner the least amount of line pressure possible because all the mods were done with the VB.

Billy T.
[email protected]
This is exactly it.. no two transmissions are built the same or can be tuned the same... Brian(bts) set my trans up mechanically for 500hp and 285/75/r16 tires. No matter what happens in the trans tuning, unless its in the hottest tune or he puts more hp through it to where it can be manipulated with line pressure, it will shift a bit firm.. smaller tires make it even firmer.

Just remember that ^^^ Ryan...
Well if that’s the case I hope all is ok with him.

He live tuned my 02 when I was down there in 2009 getting the BTS trans in it. Took forever to get that truck dialed in but man did he ever!

He is closest to me for live tuning if I went that route. 6 hours vs 8.5 for Matt.

Id say closest available to be lived tuned. That is the reason i made the 10hr drive to beans.. me and Johnathan sent chips back and forth 10 times and it wouldnt take.. so live dyno tunes and live road tunes is what it took to make her happy...

Todays standards should net some gains somehow.. but id be surprised if you can pick up any horsepower.. can definitely add torque back to her though because of the rotating assembly.... current block might nt take it though. Lol

live life full throttle

superpsd

Reaction score
ummm-where-did-5c2148.jpg

JCart

Reaction score
Ya book face has taken lots of attention away from these sites... most of which are young silly punks, that don’t wanna do any research, learn anything and regurgitate mostly keeerap... ok mini rant off...

Installed some FFD 205/30s with supporting mods in the Tan truck and went with Brian’s tunes from Jelibuilt. Very pleased so far, mind you a little easier with Manual tranny. Finally have gauges to install, just not home for a month (wife has me on Oahu HI) and not be back till early Feb. Looking forward to gauges, installing my IC (that’s on the shelf too) and doing some WOT runs to see how she measures up.
Cheers and Happy 2020 Fellas.
j

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ya book face has taken lots of attention away from these sites... most of which are young silly punks, that don’t wanna do any research, learn anything and regurgitate mostly keeerap... ok mini rant off...

Installed some FFD 205/30s with supporting mods in the Tan truck and went with Brian’s tunes from Jelibuilt. Very pleased so far, mind you a little easier with Manual tranny. Finally have gauges to install, just not home for a month (wife has me on Oahu HI) and not be back till early Feb. Looking forward to gauges, installing my IC (that’s on the shelf too) and doing some WOT runs to see how she measures up.
Cheers and Happy 2020 Fellas.
j
That's awesome!! Should make the ole girl a totally different animal!!

live life full throttle

JCart

Reaction score
Yup Lincolnlocker,
Perked it up noticeably, been a little reluctant for full WOT messin about... but still way way better then stock. Had Brian send me a number of files for the Hydra and all of them are very nice indeed. Didn’t get the full street race due to no gauges at the time....no no I don’t have a 7.3 affliction, without it you can’t run it though. Hahahaaa.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.