Auto Enginuity question

Reaction score
I am still figuring this thing out a little at a time and was curious. Does this let you shut one injector at a time off and on while truck is running to see if there is a dead/weak injector? This would lead you in the right direction a lot quicker before pulling valve covers off etc...

Thanks!

Arisley

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no it doesn't. You have to build a break out box for that. Or use side cutters and cut injector wires at the harness.

Reaction score
Well bummer. Were do I find info on this break out box? I really don't like the idea of cutting wires.

Arisley

Reaction score
Go to the junkyard and find a truck, you need both ends of the 42 pin connector on the driver side valve cover, cut them with as much wire as you can.

Find a wiring diagram that tells you the injector wire locations, or simply trace them back to the connector on your truck. Wire a toggle switch on the wires of your "new" plugs. Wire all the other wires straight through.

Unplug the 42 pin connector on your truck and plug your "New" connectors inline. You now have a way to turn each injector off. You can make all of your splices inside a box and mount the switches on the box and label them 1 through 8. That would give you a 7.3L breakout box.

Reaction score
I was thinking of making something like this, I just didn't know it already had a name :toast:

Yes you could take the valve covers off but I am leaning towards a quicker less mess diagnostic tool. I think I will try and make me one of these. Thanks!

INFRNL

Reaction score
I've met a guy local to me years ago that built his own break out box; pretty cool thing to have. I don't know exactly how he made it but probably something similar to what's been explained

Arisley

Reaction score
A few years ago a guy built one and did a write up about it on here. Can't remember who it was though. He put it in a really nice enclosure. Ended up looking like something purchased, not built at home.

Latest posts

Members online