Fuel rail pressure code 0193

thuglike

Reaction score
So the other morning, out of the blue, the truck begins to buck and hesitate. I actually thought it was a transmission problem. Turns out the FRP was pegging to 29000(read off of a Dashdaq XL) then returning to normal. Truck drove fine if it was pegged or normal. The only way I know something was going on was the bucking. Codes pulled were 1) FRP Sensor P0193, 2) FRP sensor intermittent...another one connected to The PCM being able to read the sensor.

Sooo....I'm guessing the sensor is bad or at least getting there. Is the injector harness something to swap out while in there as well? I probably answered my own question just now...
truck has dual k16 set-up (Elite)
Anything else to look at?

thanks in advance.

Jason

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Think youre headed in the right direction. Id throw a uvc harness on while I was in there. Cheap insurance. A lot of times the pins get loose, or get oil soaked, and ive seen a few where the insulation had come of the wiring...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

thuglike

Reaction score
Looks like I'm back in business!!!!

Replaced FRP Sensor and UVC harness.(used Ford for both)....not the cheapest route.

Codes are gone and rail pressure is reading normal on the dashdaq.

So far so good!!!!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Looks like I'm back in business!!!!

Replaced FRP Sensor and UVC harness.(used Ford for both)....not the cheapest route.

Codes are gone and rail pressure is reading normal on the dashdaq.

So far so good!!!!
Hey thuggy! Good to see you around still.. glad ya got her fixed up!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online