Help: trouble code 2263 Boost System Performance

ford141

Reaction score
I was towing a truck on a long haul over the weekend and got a trouble code twice, going up both sides of a mountain (once going, once on return trip). Both times it occured while the truck was pulling for a while steady in 4th gear. EGTs were good (1200 or so), trans temp was ~170, so no issues there. The code was 2263: Boost system performance. Both times it went into limp mode and power was reduced until I shut the truck off and restarted.

Truck is an 08, 100k on it, DPF delete with an H&S set on mild (80hp) tune. I was towing 10k lbs up a fairly steep incline.

Any help?

superstroked

Reaction score
I get this code every once and a while with my spartan tunes. I just reset and it seems to be good to go...until it comes on again...LOL

No one has ever given me a good reason as to why it comes on.

ford141

Reaction score
Crap. Just sucks when you have the cruise set pulling a hill, then all of a sudden it trips and cuts power, then you start getting passed by everything and have to pull over to reset.

superstroked

Reaction score
can you not reset the light on the fly via the mini? Also, mine has never gone into limp mode,. Just kicked the CEL on

ford141

Reaction score
The weird thing is my truck will never turn on the check engine light when it sets the code, it will only cut the power. The code shows up in the mini, and I can clear it on the fly, but the truck will still stay in limp until I shut it off and restart.

So I guess I should start by replacing the EPB sensor?

sootie

Reaction score
Nice-i have the same code pop up all the time and was wondering what to do.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Mine was kicking a CEL in the mountains but no derate. Matt adjusted my tune and zero issues the rest of the trip

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Not sure. I gave him permission to turn it off if necessary because all of my parameters looks fine. He may have lowered desired boost or he may have turned it off. I only had the issue above 7500 or so. One the tune was adjusted, I didn't see it as high as 11500.

Didn't have the code running canned tunes last year

VinceNDebbie

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Ford F250 6.4L Powerstroke diesel with around 125,000 miles. When towing a trailer, the temp gauge will peg to hot, and the display says "Reduced Engine Power". This ONLY happens when towing a trailer in tow mode. The engine is not actually getting hot. If I stop for a few minutes, the temp goes back to normal and the power returns. But it usually happens several times almost every time I'm in tow mode. Had both thermostats replaced and it didn't help. I've found lots of forums discussing this problem...but NO fixes to the problem.

Latest posts

Members online