Roof gutter repair

mandkole

Reaction score
I need to deal with this repair soon.. the painted sealer is lifting at the ends. Any body guys know of new repairs that affect every Ferd made.. 😑

Reaction score
I am planning to dig out all the old sealant, clean to bare metal, treat any rust with Master Series Metal Prep (phosphoric acid product) and then brush paint with Master Coat Master Series Silver letting it run down and bridge over any gaps. This will seal and rustproof it. It doesn’t care what you top coat it with. It is moisture cured urethane but far better than Chassis Saver or POR.
I did a ton of research on this and went this way for rust in the windshield seal area and inside the cowl where the original sealant had begun to fail and rust underneath.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I did mine this year using 3m self leveling seam sealer . Chiseled out the old , grind and sanded to bare metal , self etch primer , sealer primer, apply sealer , prime and paint . It was a long weekend but not a hard job . Biggest cost was a 2 barrel sealer gun I will probably never use again .

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
You guys know of any videos on these procedures? Mine is rusting also and I don't have any kind of paint spray stuff. I have a couple rust spots I was gonna just sand down hit with som e primer and white paint. The spots are on the roof of the truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.