6.7L Carnage - Testing the limits

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
H&S Performance has decided to see what kind of damage occurs to the 6.7L Scorpion when it is intentionally abused. We will be providing a live (yes live) feed of this dyno session on Thursday. More details will follow in this thread, or you can follow us on Facebook for up to date info.

Let us know what you think will "let go" first (and at what HP level). Transmission? Connecting rods?

The truck is currently pushing just over 600HP on our Mustang Dyno with an aftermarket single turbo and twin pump fuel system. We will start spraying some giggle gas to see just how much power we can make before something decides to give up. Come join in the carnage! :evil

:ford:

http://www.facebook.com/hsperformance

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i like your style, im in and i cant wait to see what the weakest link is to these motors. now that someone is really going to find out.

way to go H&S

Gearhead

Reaction score
How's the bodywork on this truck? It will be a shame to see the rods coming through the fender on a good looking truck.....lol

How many lbs/min of airflow are you guys anticipating?

11STROKER

Reaction score
H&S Performance has decided to see what kind of damage occurs to the 6.7L Scorpion when it is intentionally abused. We will be providing a live (yes live) feed of this dyno session on Thursday. More details will follow in this thread, or you can follow us on Facebook for up to date info.

Let us know what you think will "let go" first (and at what HP level). Transmission? Connecting rods?

The truck is currently pushing just over 600HP on our Mustang Dyno with an aftermarket single turbo and twin pump fuel system. We will start spraying some giggle gas to see just how much power we can make before something decides to give up. Come join in the carnage! :evil

:ford:

http://www.facebook.com/hsperformance

im anxious to see how it works out... im planning on spraying a little bit to mine this weekend

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
It is going to live to 812HP unless Payton runs it and tunes it, in that case it will be just fine.

Tell Payton to take his onesie off prior to the live feed.

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
It is going to live to 812HP unless Payton runs it and tunes it, in that case it will be just fine.

Tell Payton to take his onesie off prior to the live feed.

There are far too many cylinders in this truck for Payton to work on it. He is only capable on the 6 piston engines....

You wanna come down and hold some rags under the block for us? We might need to clean up the dyno bay when we are done.

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
how much fuel is still available with the stock injectors?

It is hard to say what a stock injector will be capable of. I assume about 750-800 HP is about where the duration will need to stop increasing on a stock injector. Currently we are making over 600HP at about 1500uS main pulse duration. I dare say we could take it up to 2500uS without any issues.

We have enough fuel behind the injector to make 900-1000HP.....

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
There are far too many cylinders in this truck for Payton to work on it. He is only capable on the 6 piston engines....

You wanna come down and hold some rags under the block for us? We might need to clean up the dyno bay when we are done.

Ohhhh that's right... you should paint a special handicapped parking place just for Payton on the side of the building. A wheel chair with a Cummins C HA. With a little sign that says PAY - ton!

Hmmmm tempting. I could put my rain coat and goggles on and run around with buckets like a one man band.

Last edited:

01PSD

Reaction score
It is hard to say what a stock injector will be capable of. I assume about 750-800 HP is about where the duration will need to stop increasing on a stock injector. Currently we are making over 600HP at about 1500uS main pulse duration. I dare say we could take it up to 2500uS without any issues.

Interesting.. thanks for the quick response guys. If it's just dyno abuse I think the block will definitely suffer the most carnage first :D

BlueOx

Reaction score

Any info on other upgrades the truck is running? Stock bottom end? And is this on y'all's new street tuner or the old race offroad tuner?

Latest posts

Members online