Transmission issues, p0752, p02700

taterthedog

Reaction score
Driving on holidays, lost drive leaving from a light. Pulled down to M2 and it locked up and skidded. M1 got me off the road. Fluid was good and no codes first. Drove again and it upshifted weird and now it shifts harsh down low and doesn’t go into high gear. Or maybe torque not locking. Has codes now. P0752 shift solenoid A stuck on and p2700, friction element A apply time. Made it to our destination but I’m wondering what’s up? Trans is stock, engine is moderately modified.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
What's up is that shift solenoid A is stuck on. That will keep the coast clutch applied, and that will cause problems just like you're seeing.

A new shift solenoid A is what you need.

If there is a lot of particles in the fluid that will cause solenoids to stick.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Thank you, that’s sort of what I was thinking. I will change that as soon as I can. I will need to drive it for a bit first though.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Picked up the new solenoid today and dropped the transmission pan. Some pretty heavy metal debris in there. Needle bearing bearing parts and some other pieces that look like teeth pieces. It’s not looking real good. I’ll have a closer look tomorrow, but I’m thinking the new solenoid will not be all it needs. It failed shortly after I embarrassed this Duramax that was tailgating me aggressively on a long hill, but I’ve never really been easy on this transmission either.

Latest posts

Members online