Oil cooler wont throw code!

Caleb400

Reaction score
New cooler installed in April of 19 , plugged again in first month. Ford will not touch it without a code regardless of temp deltas. 10 deg at idle once warm 30 deg 5 miles of highway pushed her up to 260.5 deg and still nothing. Patriot tuner, could the parameters be way out in it not allowing the truck code as it should? This is a 911 , not wanting to melt her down but nothing has worked so far. Just returned truck last night hoping that would reset but had 30+ split driving his morning still nothing. Any help much appreciated.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'm not so sure I'd warranty it either. You probably have a contaminated cooling system. I understand they need to see a code, but don't be surprised if they void it.

Did they offer a flush or coolant filter?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I'm with ctc, without proof you flushed it properly, etc, warranty is a gray area. Its gonna be gray with the truck tuned and everything, but if they want to make money, theyd do it. I have had 50+ degree splits not throw a code, even on stock trucks. The 6.4 isnt as quick to throw a code as the 6.0 is. But ive done plenty witgout a code...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Caleb400

Reaction score
This was work performed at dealer. A flush is part of the procedure when changing a oil cooler to my understanding. Which it does show them using vc9 so if it was not fully or correctly flushed then it should fall on them. Ford is calling it a workmanship issue thus without a dtc it is installing dealer discretion to replace. They are telling me at 259 deg wrench will come on indicating problem and that is info they received from ford.

Latest posts

Members online