Rocker clips

Oh-ate6.4PSD

Reaction score
Im bout to r&r my 2005 excursions 6.0 (160k) heads. Is there a updated rocker arm? Do the new rocker arms come with clips? Im thinkin about lifters too, recomended?
I would also like a stage 2 cam but i cand decide if it can be changed in the truck or not, i belive ive read it can be done in and out of frame.
I already ordered inj orings, pushrods, heads, black diamond gaskets, and glowplugs. The truck was previously bulletproofed so i will be reusing the studs.

Any other suggestions?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would recommend lifters. Cam is a toss up. Might as well since the motor will be torn down almost far enough to remove it while doing lifters. Who's stage 2 cam? May want to check and make sure it doesnt need valve reliefs with it. Also while youre at it, i would throw a set of valve springs on.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
The arm assemblys come with the clips. But order extra clips. I have yet to get a set that the clips aren't broke during shipping.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Heads i go have 120# springs. Rcd cam, says it dont need cuts. Can the cam be done without pullin the crank?

To pull the cam with the crank in the truck, you need to remove the no-no bolts.on the crank adapter. I would recommend getting the rcd? I think bolts, as they are shouldered to make the adapter go on straight easier. They are arp bolts but i think i heard somewhere its something special for rcd or whoever sells them. Make you take a runout reading prior to removing and after re installimg the adapter. Personally i have no idea on the torque as i havent done one that way.

Latest posts

Members online