Shocks/best riding setup

Jomax

Reaction score
anyone?

live life full throttle

You won’t feel a difference on road, but if you run dirt roads at higher speeds, you’ll like the resi’s.

Honestly my truck could’ve been just fine with non resi 2.5in diameter shocks. But it’s easier just to get them for a 2.5in shock as 90% of 2.5in shocks come with the resis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnxtc2

Reaction score
only difference with a resi shock is how long the oil takes to heat up and how fast it cools. The longer the oil can stay at optimal temperature, the more consistent the ride is. I know some on here will disagree with me but i cant see the point of resis on a truck that never leaves the pavement. Now if we are talking lowered trucks that need the resi because of the short amount of travel they have and the need to have more room for oil-thats a different story.

On my OBS, the ride starts out fine. If I drive into the city (NYC) where the roads are sh!t, the ride suffers. I touch the body of the shock (Fox 2.0) and its warm to the touch. It really depends on the roads where you drive. Roads in NYC are rougher than going offroad.

My '16 truck spends most of its life towing on the highway so the shocks don't get beaten up like the OBS ones.

Billy T.
[email protected]

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You won’t feel a difference on road, but if you run dirt roads at higher speeds, you’ll like the resi’s.

Honestly my truck could’ve been just fine with non resi 2.5in diameter shocks. But it’s easier just to get them for a 2.5in shock as 90% of 2.5in shocks come with the resis.

the roads around syracuse ny might as well be dirt roads. they all suck.

live life full throttle

gotchadollar

Reaction score
do you know the part number for the 2.5 shocks non resi

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You got traction bars, I dare say I believe shocks are more important.

if you rode in this truck prior to the bars, you would know how badly they where needed due ro how bad the truck felt like a giant slinky during shifts. it was ***in bad.. shocks can't stop that from happening.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online