Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Premium Vendors > Champion Transmission & Diesel Performance

Old 08-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Exclamation A little bit of info on who we are and what we can do for you.

Let me start by introducing myself.
My name is Mathew Visci.
Growing up my father was always in the auto repair industry, specifically the automatic transmission side of it.
I was the kid that always went to work with Dad on Saturdays and hung around the shop in the Summer.
My father was a ******** so of course I grew up around some cool cars. I grew up in the back seat of an '87 Buick Grand National and my father always had several Turbo Buicks and older('68-'72) Skylarks.
A little over 10 years ago at the end of my high school career my older brother James and myself decided to go to school to learn how to rebuild transmissions.
At the time my father had 2 shops so we each worked at one doing the rebuilding.
My father got sick not too long after we started working for him(cancer).
7 years ago in June of '05 he passed away from the illness.
It was some tough times and 2 shops were too much to handle so we consolidated down to our current shop.
Right before my father passed he had purchased an '04 Harley Davidson F-350 with the 6.0L. I instantly fell in love with diesel trucks and the potential they had.
Needless to say after a programmer, exhaust and air intake the truck lifted the heads.
I was obviously wet behind the ears and had no idea at the time what failed or why it failed.
The truck was returned to Ford Credit as I didn't have the means to afford it.
Over the years now we have had several of our own projects and performance vehicles as we are ********s ourselves.
In '06 I bought a new Duramax/Allison equipped Silverado 3500 the mod bug bit me quickly. The truck started getting modded in the first week.
I became known on the Duramax forums and we started doing performance rebuilds on the Allison transmissions.
Also did a few Cummins trucks through mutual friends of our happy Durmax/Allison customers.
At the time we were also building a great reputation from our regular everyday local customers.
We took on a very large taxi fleet and business was as busy as it had ever been.
I sold my Duramax and stopped frequenting/advertising on the forums.
Fast forward to last year and while browsing another site I came across a deal on an '03 F-250 6.0 that I just couldn't pass up. I was still a little ignorant about the 6.Leaker but I said to myself the best way to learn is by owning one.
I jumped on the deal and had the truck shipped to me. I knew what I was getting myself into so I started to amass parts for an overhaul.
Headgaskets and studs, Bulletproof diesel EGR cooler, new oil cooler, glowplugs and all the other misc. things to complete a head job.
We pulled the cab off and started the teardown.
The heads were sent out and rebuilt.
The job turned out flawlessly.
We also did a PowerMax turbo and 175/75 injectors.
After the truck was up and running again and had some good miles put on it the transmission was yanked out and we did a performance rebuild with a Precision Industries torque converter.
Another job that turned out great.
During most of the work on my truck I was helped by friend and now employee Conner McCreery(4.0l sahara). He had worked on Powerstrokes in the past and had more knowledge than myself.
I am so happy with how my truck turned out and how much I enjoyed working on it that I would now like to change business direction a little bit and start doing more diesel work.

For you TL;DR guys check out my next post for a breakdown on what I have to offer.

Thanks, Mat
203-931-6178(shop)
203-507-3987(cell)
Fully licensed and insured CT Repair Shop.

We offer complete maintenance, repair and performance for Ford Powerstroke Trucks.
We can also work on ANY make and model.
No job too small, no job too big!
LET US KNOW WHAT WE NEED TO DO TO EARN YOUR BUSINESS!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

To get the point across in a shorter form:

We are a family owned and operated business.
We are fully licensed by the state of Connecticut.
Fully insured with high limits(you never know when an accident can happen).

We can do anything from routine maintenance to full builds and everything in between.
Cab removal for headgaskets/studs. Engine replacement. Transmission overhauls(stock or performance).
We can work on ANY make or model as we are a full service automotive repair shop.

Any questions or for a quote please don't hesitate to call me or shoot over a PM.

Thanks, Mat
203-931-6178(shop)
203-507-3987(cell)
Fully licensed and insured CT Repair Shop.

We offer complete maintenance, repair and performance for Ford Powerstroke Trucks.
We can also work on ANY make and model.
No job too small, no job too big!
LET US KNOW WHAT WE NEED TO DO TO EARN YOUR BUSINESS!